• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I have the stock 4.1.2 Sprint rom for the ZTE Force 4G

im guessing im the only one with it lol, atleast that knows how to dump it. The ZTE Force is one of the current devices im doing for my client. So i happened to get ahold of one of the 4.1.2 stock devices. Sprint no longer supports this device so they dropped all related files form their server. I will get it uploaded later tonight. System, kernel, and stock recovery for anyone that needs it!

Upvote 0
im guessing im the only one with it lol, atleast that knows how to dump it. The ZTE Force is one of the current devices im doing for my client. So i happened to get ahold of one of the 4.1.2 stock devices. Sprint no longer supports this device so they dropped all related files form their server. I will get it uploaded later tonight. System, kernel, and stock recovery for anyone that needs it!

I'm selling my Force tonight to someone and This is what all the Force users have been waiting on.

Upvote 0
lol, well that sucks. Blame it on sprint. I was lurking around before looking to see if this device had jellybean and i saw there was rumors of the sprint version getting an update. Found out friday my client had a device on 4.1.2 and received the device today. So i figured since no one has it i would share the love with you guys. and just to make it easy im uploading a nandroid so it should make the transition to 4.1.2 pretty easy.

SHINRU!! Ur still alive!!!! What's been happening?! Most if us Boost mobilers have moved to Warp 4G, I think..
Long time no see, how ya been bud?

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Wow! This changes things! We should be able to use the boost settings with this Rom.

Does anyone have a clue about a working root for this?

Does this Rom require a new recovery or can it be flashed with cwm? Is there a radio update or anything included in it?

The rom is rooted. Just flash in cwm and see how it goes ;)

Upvote 0
What all needs to be changed for boost? Mms address and proxy, MIN number, rtsp and https settings, dss setting? How about profile UA address?

Am I forgetting anything?
Thanks,
-SB
I would just try it as is and see what works/does not work
Your ROM is rooted or the one shinru uploaded?

Both are rooted, shinru2004 posted a nandroid backup and I made a rom out of it.

Upvote 0
Ok I am making an online nandroid right now and will test shinru's first. How do you make a flashable Rom zip from a nandroid?

If this is working I might try making a Rom using this as the base. Maybe keep it odexed for speed?

My nandroid is finished so going to flash now.

I'll let you know how it goes!
Cheers,
-SB

Upvote 0
How do you make a flashable Rom zip from a nandroid?
Too complicated to answer. Not enough time. Sorry man.
If this is working I might try making a Rom using this as the base. Maybe keep it odexed for speed?
I already made an unmodified odexed rom and will post once I know this smaller, deodexed rom works. One step at a time ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones