I have to leave the nexus one =(

Last Updated:

1. lmyamen

lmyamen Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well this has been an INCREDIBLE phone but i am temporarily giving it up. I have found an opportunity to invest into some equipment for my photographhy business that i desperatly needed. I decided the smart choice would be to sell my nexus and invest the money i get from it to go with my savings so i can buy the needed equipment. I am getting a blackberry 9700 and will use it for the next 2 months. In august i pay off the engagement ring i am buying for my girl friend (woot excited to get engaged next month) and come september that means i have over $700 a month free'd up. I will be picking up another Nexus in september, that is of course unless anything else comes out that is Nexus worthy on t-mobile. Wish me luck for the next 2 month cause im going to be bored using a blackberry.

Advertisement
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Good luck, I am glad you have your priorities straight, invest in your business and then you can invest in your toys!

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

gl with the business lmyaman and congrats on your soon to be engagement ;)

Well on the positive note, if you buy the N1 2 months from now...it might be cheaper, lol.

4. opticalshadow

opticalshadow Well-Known Member

life without the nexus.........thats ganna make the little droid cry, then hell rust....

5. lmyamen

Thanks man, its going to be ruff adjusting to a blackberry again but in the end it will be worth it. You have to take risks to make money right?

Thank you for the early congrats!! I would really like to find a nexus cheaper then i wont buy it brand new at full price most likely. My nexus is on ebay as we speak.

6. dhevans

dhevans Well-Known Member

Good luck, I'd need 3 Nexus' to pay for my next piece of photography gear for my fledgling business!

Hope all works in your favour.

7. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

In a couple months who knows what will be coming out??? I wouldn't doubt there will be an android phone with an intel chip or dual processor... Oh the possibilities...

8. lmyamen

The nexus is not covering my whole purchase, it is going together with money saved up. IM picking up a 70-200 f2.8 lens. So the nexus def does not cover that price.

9. Mostly Harmless

Picking up a 70-200 2.8 I or II, IS or no? I just picked up a used (in perfect condition) 70-200mm F4 IS for a really good price. I buy all on my gear on fredmiranda.com: Specialized in Canon - Nikon SLR Cameras, Forum, Photoshop Plugins, Actions, Reviews, Hosting and Digital Darkroom buy/sell forum. My camera, lens, flash have all been purchased (used) on that site. Saved a lot of money.

10. dhevans

Now we're hijacking the thread into a camera one lol.
    My 70-200 f2.8 is great, my next one is a 24-70 f2.8 ;)

11. Roze

seems that a few N1 owners are die hard camera addict ...or professional, lol.

12. inspiron41

inspiron41 Well-Known Member

Get us a pic of that engagement ring! I'm in your shoes, but a year behind you in my date to propose.

since everyone is posting their camera line, here's mine: :D
    Canon 5D Mark II
    EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
    EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
    EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
    EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
    EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM
    Speedlite 580EX II

yes i realized i could have spent all that money on an engagement ring....

13. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

ugh you guys are crazy, girls just expect something nice, they don't expect a $10,000 engagement ring... jeebus.

14. Mostly Harmless

Very nice setup.

Mine is not nearly as nice, but does it's job:
    Canon 40D
    EF 70-200 F4 IS
    EF-S 17-55 F2.8
    EF 50 F1.8 MK1
    Speedlight 430 EX II

I handled a 7D the other day and really liked it. The high res screen and movie mode make me want to upgrade.

15. lmyamen

Wow you guys have some serious equipment. Im shooting as an assistant with a pro wedding photographer right now. I just switched from Nikon over to Canon so i could use his equipment (i like canon better now btw). I have a 40D myself but i shoot with the pro photographers equipment most of the time, so 50d and a 7d, as for lenses we use 70-200 f/2.8L, 85mm F/1.2L, 27-70 F/2.8L, and we use 580EXII flashes.

Now for my equipment which i am just starting to build up, i have a 40D, and i just purchased a sigma 70-200 f/2.8 thanks to selling my nexus.

I am using a Blackberry bold 9700 right now, and while the blackberry is a pretty nice phone my goodness its just not my nexus =( Cant wait to come back to the android side.

Heres a shot of the new lens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 test shots from my backyard really quick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Roze

WHOA! That's some lense! Why do I feel that If I hold that camera...I'd simply tip over >_>;;;;

17. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

Um... just an FYI... you won't be able to get a new N1 in September.

18. CuE_32

CuE_32 Member

Way to keep the priorities straight homie.. Something better always comes out so dun worry about it too much. Good luck with the 9700...I sold my Nexus One because I couldn't refuse the offer. After less than 1 week I was out hunting for another Nexus One cause the backup phone (iPhone) drove me nuts.
    Now my backup is ALSO a Nexus One.

19. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

He will. He'll just have to register as a developer first.

20. dhevans

That's the same lens as me. Holds itself up very well against the Nikon or Canon equivalent. Paired with the 1.4tc it's a great combo. It's not too heavy my advice is to get a good camera strap. I spent 11 hours at an Airshow with some mates recently with mine and I'm only a 5ft and a bit girlie!
    I'm no pro I've started doing mobile kids and family portraits with some studio lights and a lastolite hi-lite to pay for my gear. So my paying lens is my nikon 50mm 1.4, hence why I'm after the 24-70 for some of the group work. But it'll be next year as I bought a d700 about a month ago..

21. lmyamen

Thanks for all the "support" haha, its actually not to bad on my 9700. I finally got my internet and everything setup on it after 5 days of waiting. RIM was having some issue with my area but its all up and running again. I miss the internet browsing on my nexus that is for sure. I am enjoying having a physical keyboard and push email though. I guess everything serves its purpose. I am not sure what i will do in Sep, i may keep the BB for a while just so i dont spend a ton of money on a new phone. But who knows what android phone will be out then. I am a huge suporter of android, im going to test the waters with blackberry for a little while but i am sure i will be back.

22. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

You have my respect lmyamen =)

Most people live off of credit while you are trying to take life by the horns and live the American dream of your own business.