• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I have to tap "reply" multiple times to open reply window

Mischka7

Apr 9, 2010
Hi all,

When attempting to reply or forward a message on the native Gmail app, I sometimes have to tap the button multiple times to get the app to respond. I'm assuming it's because the app is having trouble loading the whole message, but does anyone have a definitive answer to this issue? Better yet, does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

10 minutes ago was the worst experience I've ever had with this bug: I hit the reply button 35 times and was never able to reply to the message. Normally I would have chucked the phone at the wall, but at tap #35 I achieved instant Nirvana and realized life is too short to lose my mind over these things. I ended up just coming back to the office and replying via my laptop.

In all seriousness, this issue is really starting to get worse on my phone. I'm not sure why, but there's a measurable increase in the number of times the event occurs, as well as the number of taps required to actually open a reply/forward window.

Sincerely hope this thing gets fixed...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones