I have to tap "reply" multiple times to open reply windowSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mischka7

Mischka7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

When attempting to reply or forward a message on the native Gmail app, I sometimes have to tap the button multiple times to get the app to respond. I'm assuming it's because the app is having trouble loading the whole message, but does anyone have a definitive answer to this issue? Better yet, does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. buck flicks

buck flicks Member

Did you ever find a solution or answer to this? I have the same issue.

3. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Well-Known Member

Me too - the GMail app is pretty lame considering it's from Google.

4. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

This is common on all Android phones. Happens on my Incredible and my fiancee's Eris. Consider it one of the many surprising flaws in the Gmail app, which really needs to be improved to match the awesomeness of the rest of Android.

5. Mischka7

Mischka7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

10 minutes ago was the worst experience I've ever had with this bug: I hit the reply button 35 times and was never able to reply to the message. Normally I would have chucked the phone at the wall, but at tap #35 I achieved instant Nirvana and realized life is too short to lose my mind over these things. I ended up just coming back to the office and replying via my laptop.

In all seriousness, this issue is really starting to get worse on my phone. I'm not sure why, but there's a measurable increase in the number of times the event occurs, as well as the number of taps required to actually open a reply/forward window.

Sincerely hope this thing gets fixed...

6. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

I find that if I go out of the email and come back to it, it seems to make me have to press the button less times.