I have tried everything to get it to connect to my computer and still have gotten nowhere!Support

1. Wayn3t3ch

Wayn3t3ch Member

I am new to these forums and I know i should look for a similar thread but I'm super frustrated with this phone. I got it this phone on ebay (Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-I777 running stock 2.3.5.) It has never been rooted. I have tried installing and re-installing kies as well as the drivers. Iv'e tried usb debugging and 3 different cables (all samsung). I've cleaned the usb port, tried different usb ports and different computers. I've been through every forum possible and tried every bit of trouble shooting possible. I just want to update my phone, can anybody help?

**Also, I have done a factory reset twice and tried it with an unmounted SD card

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

First off welcome to the forums! :D

Did you actually download the right USB drivers for this device? There are a lot of different device versions, make sure you downloaded the correct one :)
  3. Wayn3t3ch

Wayn3t3ch Member

Thank you! and i got the drivers straight from samsungs website, the ones listed for my device
  4. Wayn3t3ch

Wayn3t3ch Member

I've heard that if you put the OTA files on your SD card you can update?
  5. Ikenstein

Ikenstein Well-Known Member

I have a $10.00 generic USB cable that I got at Wal-Mart. It works great. Maybe try that? I saw that you said you'd tried 3 different Samsung cables but perhaps there's something with the Samsung cables that isn't quite right.

I don't know anything about putting the files on your SD card to update.

Best of luck! I hope you can get it all figured out.
    Wayn3t3ch likes this.
  6. Wayn3t3ch

Wayn3t3ch Member

Do you happen to remember the brand?
  7. rudyy

rudyy Active Member

I had a similar hard time getting my Vista laptop to see my SII. I finally had to use the Kies troubleshooting tool to update the drivers, which Kies went and found on the Internet.
    Hope this helps.
  8. Ikenstein

The brand is "Just Wireless" - seriously generic! =D
  9. Ikenstein

Sorry, correction...

The brand is "onn" or "ann", the first letter could be either O or A. It is a blue package with white letters. It is only the cable by itself.

Here is the link to it on Walmart's mobile site (sorry, I'm not at my computer right now):
    mobile.walmart.com/ip/Micro-USB-Data-Sync-Cable/19417564?section=Images