I have until 7/24 to return my iPhone 4, what if Droid X isn;t available?

Last Updated:

1. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Frustrated by the iPhone 4 reception issues I am ready to go Droid. But I have until 7/24 to return it. Will I have any luck?

Advertisement
  2. supersaki

supersaki Well-Known Member

Supposedly Best Buy is resuming preorders, but nothing is a guarantee. What phone did you have before the iphone 4? If you were with AT&T before, you could just go back to your old phone and wait it out.

3. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

You should be able to find a Droid X by then.

4. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

My local Verizon store has guaranteed me two Droid Xs on the 15th. They ported my numbers over to temporary LG flip phones. I'm not sure if they will hold a phone for you since you're not bound to go with Verizon.

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

i would think you should be able to get one then because the first few days will be the main rush and then after that you should be able to walk in and grab one

6. jweber

jweber Active Member

Pre-ordered 2 at my local Best Buy this morning in Orlando. Best Buy is in fact taking pre-orders again. I am 10th and 11th on the list, guess not to many people knew about it last week.

7. dinosaur1

O hear that the incredible is still on backorder though. Thats what scares me. I new email and internet everyday.

8. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

The Droid Incredible is another story, they ran out of AMOLED screens to put into the phone, so the backorder was huge. This WON'T be the case with the X

9. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

With the rush of the Incredible, I was still able to locate one a few days after launch in my area. I hadn't decided yet to fully make the jump to Verizon and my AT&T contract still had a little life on it....so I opted to wait, not realizing the backorder issues HTC was going to have

If you really want a DX, I'd say definitely try to make it to a Verizon on launch day if at all possible. Expect to wait a bit to get one as many people will be in for one that day but I can't imagine you not being able to get one

10. dinosaur1

If I swith to Verizon and go with the unlimited plan am I grandfathered in keeping it if they ever change their data plans like AT&T did?

11. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

okay perhaps i am missing something

but if it is released on the 15th then why cant you just get it then from verizon and return the iphone the same day?

Unless you just want best buy for the rebateless purchase

12. dinosaur1

Want to do that if Verozon has them in stock.

13. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

im pretty sure they would...
    I would just be the 1st one their at your local vzw
    so you can be among the first

When the Droid came out in November I had class
    and I went an hour before class and there was still
    plenty in stock.

14. dinosaur1

Well...since u work ghat won't happen. I can go afterwards or the next day.

15. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

and how did you go about that?

16. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

Yeah unless they gave you a receipt or something then the guarantee really doesn't mean anything.

17. jonhcox

jonhcox Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can almost guarantee that didn't happen. My local Verizon brick and mortar said they can "in no-way hold or reserve the Motorola Droid X." They don't even know how many they will get in stock though he says it usually is somewhere between 35-50.

On another note- he had an X. It was laggy and not as responsive as the Incredible. He said that I won't be able to download movies and via HDMI cable, watch them on my TV. Seriously? Also, what good is the Blockbuster app going to be in a month when Blockbuster has died and gone to the deepest level of hell where it deserves to be?

18. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

I guess it helps having contacts :D You're right, if the Droid X shipment gets delayed then obviously I wouldn't have my phones on the 15th. If all goes well, I'll be posting a photo of them morning of the 15th :)

19. JRunSW20

JRunSW20 Well-Known Member

There shouldn't be a delay in shipments. Don't bite your nails too much guys :)

20. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

35 - 50 dont sound to bad....i guess....lol i hope to be in line by 3 or so...

21. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

This is what I am expecting, I need to find out what it was like when the Incredible was released. I am hoping I can get up a little early for work and go to Verizon, I don't have to be at work until 10:30 and it is right down the road from Verizon.

22. JRunSW20

JRunSW20 Well-Known Member

Did he say he had one or did he physically show you he had one? I find it hard to believe that the X is laggier. I know the phone comes preloaded with a lot of widgets, but I would just remove them. As for downloading movies from the internet and putting them onto the phone, I don't see why you can't play it via HDMI. One thing that you CANNOT do with Blockbuster app is purchase/rent movies and play them via HDMI, it can only be viewed on the phone.

23. focus791

focus791 Member

You can maybe guarantee it didn't happen to you, but there's no way for you to say what someone else got for themselves, particularly if it's in a different area or even in the same area at a different store. I reserved my Droid X two days ago at my loca VZN store with no problems. Talked to the manager, she took my info and assigned me to a sales rep for that day, even gave me the guy's card. I'll be there at 8am, when they open (I even scheduled the specific time with her). Oh, they're opening early that day...

24. dinosaur1

I guess I could also switch to Verizon and get a Droid for the time being and hopefully I will be able to get the Droid X before the 30 days runs out...any thoughts?

25. zane!

zane! Well-Known Member

From what I hear there should be enough if you can make it in early on the 15th, I'll be at a local store the minute they open...

Even though my cousin is a rep and will make sure I get one (and she gets the commission).