I heart radio.General

Last Updated:

1. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How safe is this app for the eris went to download from net and when I went to install I got a sort of warning saying that this is not and android market app and could harm phone.

Advertisement
  2. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

It hasn't harmed my phone. I use it occasionally.

3. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Actually it is on the market that's where I got it from and usually use when my pandora hours run out

4. bcltoys

When I did a search in the market it came up with nothing.

5. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Type in radio and scroll down its spelled iheartradio with a pic of a heart that red.

6. bcltoys

Found it thanks.

7. Blue_Fedora

Blue_Fedora Active Member

The I-heart-Radio app is the one I use most of all. I listen to talk-radio stations on AM and our workplace recently blocked all sorts of websites. Thanks to this app I can listen at work and not use their resources to do it. I even bought a good pair of noise canceling headphones to block out the background chatter when I'm listening to the radio. Between the app and the headphones, I'm able to get thru the workday :)

8. dhrandy

dhrandy Well-Known Member

Great app. I use this when I'm at work because we are blocked from going to the radio station's webpage.

9. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

Can you use AM/FM on 3G?

10. Blue_Fedora

We're not on wi-fi at work, my phone is on 3G and thru the I-Heart-Radio app I'm able to get to the app's AM/FM stations

11. betg1492

betg1492 Active Member

I have a question I would love to use the I heart radio app outside of my home but it always says connecting when using it over 3G is there anyway to fix this problem and I've tried it in very many places because I was thinking it Could have been where i was located but it only works over WiFi for me sadly does anyone else have this problem or better yet know how to fix it:confused:

12. bcltoys

That happens with rush radio on my wifes phone.My phone is still under three feet of snow.

13. betg1492

betg1492 Active Member

Oh dude that sucks i hope you find it soon but is there anyway to fix the problem that you know of i love i heart radio but not being able to use it over 3G is anoying

14. bcltoys

I have not played with it that much so I dont know why my self. Sorry our phone are only two weeks old and as I said mine is under three feet of snow and it looks like we are going to get another 18 24 inchs.

15. betg1492

betg1492 Active Member

Oh its cool well i hope you find it i would be lost without my phone

16. bcltoys

I have a sprint air card and it works fine with it maybe it a verizon thing or and andriod thing.

17. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

I love iheartradio on my Eris. I used to live near Miami, Atlanta, and Raleigh, NC. Ever since I moved from each of those locations, I miss listening to certain Clear Channel stations. With this app, I can still listen to some of my favorite DJs or stations anytime and anywhere I want. I just wish iheartradio carried stations that do not belong to Clear Channel, but oh well.

18. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I just downloaded this app and pretty pleased with it. Connects pretty quickly for me via 3g. How much battery does it consume? I like that you can put the phone in sleep mode and continue listening.

19. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

What do you mean your hours run out? Pandora times out after a period of time? I use it all the time and have never had that issue. Please explain, cause I'm really confused.

20. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

@erisdroid? The free version Of pandora you get from market only lets you listen to 40 hours. Per month I listen to pandora about 2 hours a day when I work out so about the 20 th day of the month my pandora is useless so I use iheartradio or cherry player. I'm thinking to upgrade my pandora account since its only 36 dollars a year but I haven't gotten around to it

21. MisterMcGoo

MisterMcGoo Well-Known Member

Interesting about Pandora. I usually listen to it on my work computer and then, when the hours run out, I plug in my phone to my speakers and use that instead. I have never had my hours run out on my phone. I didn't realize they did.

22. betg1492

betg1492 Active Member

does anyone share the problem i have with iheartradio it wont show my local stations it just says connecting and never connects i would love to use it but i cant. any advise or maybe i have something turned off or haha idk :confused:

23. Blue_Fedora

It was very wiggy for me yesterday - I was getting that quite a bit. That was the first time I experienced it, prior it had no issues. Haven't tried today.

24. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

My local station is kind of iffy on iheartradio as well. Installed when I was out of town on business. Listened to it most of the morning there, then it just locked up. But if I told it to pick one at random, no problem. So, I blame the station's feed

25. betg1492

betg1492 Active Member

see ive had this problem every single time and i dont really know why honestly i keep hoping that the new update for the eris will fix it but im a techy and i am very impatient i cant could how many times ive downloaded and uninstalled that app just for a hope it will work