I hope Dev interest in the Inc isnt deminishing :(

Last Updated:

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Its hard to miss the slowdown on the root forum, or the pace at which ROM's are created/updated

This phone is so perfect for me, i have lost all interest in even seeing what else is being released lol. But part of the fun is missing without new ROM's/Kernals/Radios/Themes, etc.

We need to group hug all the developers, and show some appreciation so they stick around haha

cheers (dont know why i typed that, im not Aussie lol)

PS, damnit i hope i posted this in the right section ROFL!! I figure its specifically related to ROOT, and not specifically related to ROMS, and is really not for the general crowd in the Lounge area.

Darn mods are giving me an ulcer haha

Advertisement
  2. lafester

lafester Well-Known Member

you need to start checking xda.
    lots of development still going on.

emmur0 likes this.
  3. REYES

REYES Well-Known Member

+1

Much better there than here. Although someone needs to start cooking some new OC/UV kernels!

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

About 5 or 6 brand new roms have come out in the past week alone.

5. rsarno

I really like this forum :( I see XDA as a place more for developers to discuss stuff, and when it goes "mainstream" i will hear about it on here haha

I keep checking this link
    ROMs - The Incredible List

and also the ROM section of this forum

6. REYES

REYES Well-Known Member

XDA is filled with much more knowledgable people. More of a rooting and beyond type forum. This forum is a generalized info type forum, not quite the place to go for rooting roms and kernels, hehe.

7. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I frequent both this and xda. Each has its place. There are knowledgeable people in both places but more developer types over there.

8. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

9. whewstoosae

whewstoosae Well-Known Member

10. rsarno

i can appreciate the work that went into MIUI, but im not a huge fan. I like the look/feel of android OS lol

11. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

I get bogged down over at XDA, it def has more apps/themes/ROMS I just seem to have a hard time finding for what I'm looking for unless I link in from here and then backtrack

12. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Well-Known Member

I would hardly say development for the Inc has slowed down. There's a bunch of new, smaller ROM's out over on XDA, not to mention that the big name ROM's are continually being updated.

13. ArmlessRifleman

ArmlessRifleman Well-Known Member

I'm with the OP. I tend to gravitate more towards this forum than XDA just because I'm tired of sifting through some of the "less intelligent" posts and replies. If someone has just started looking into rooting an Android device, chances are you have found XDA before AndroidForums and therefore most posts deviate from their topic to help a user resolve an issue where the solution could easily be found in another thread. I swear I saw a reply where someone joked about having installed Windows 7 on their Incredible with full touch support and there were 3 serious replies asking for instructions. I find everything I could ever want/need here anyway.

14. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member

Try owning a Droid X if you want no roms. Don't get me wrong I love my X but it seems like noooooo new rooms ever come out. I keep my old original Droid just to play with new roms. I was checking out the XDA and it looks like you got some good choices...

15. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I'm surprised its as active as it is personally, not the biggest seller out there and tons of choices, plus I'm still using one from 2 months ago because its do dam stable I don't feel like upgrading ;) Im just happy that when the day comes I get the bug I have so many choices.

16. rsarno

17. REYES

REYES Well-Known Member

As if you didnt have any role in the flaming, you said 'flame away, lol'. You straight up asked for it dude. Stop making XDA out to be the bad guy and get a life.

18. rsarno

LOL! I completely forgot about typing that ... it was more meant like "Go ahead, flame me for having a stupid dream, or dreaming of rom's" or something.

But your right. I made a post in the wrong section, i deserve every name i was called. eff me, ill go get a life.