I hope no one has to get a replacement..

Last Updated:

1. xsists

xsists Active Member This Topic's Starter

I've been having nothing but problems with my X and called customer service to get a new one tonight. They transfered me to tech support who grilled me about water damage and/or physical damage. After she told me that she would replace my phone she said they are going to charge my account $300 in order to ship it out. I said wtf, cause I already charged my phone to my account and if my bill prints my bill will be over $700!! She said that was the way they had to do it.

After I agreed she told me it would ship Monday and I would receive it by Wed or Thurs. I said umm I paid extra for shipping and what not I want it on Tuesday at the lastest. She told me because my phone would make and receive calls (even though it has a hard time doing this alone) its not necessary to ship overnight. I said bs you ship it overnight cause its messed up. She got "manager approval" to ship it next day.

Before I hung up she told me if they didn't get it back in 10 days or it was damaged somehow they would charge my account full retail ($529.99) for the phone. I am just dumb founded that they have to charge my account for 2 year pricing even if they wont ever charge me 2 year pricing. I better get that credit back ASAP before my bill prints.

Just frustrated, today has been terrible with all my friend's Xs working and mine hasn't been and then to deal with this crap on the phone. I'm within 30 days (obviously) if I want an exchange I should get it no questions.

/rant

Advertisement
  2. rasmith3530

rasmith3530 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, but then again, I don't. I'm with US Cellular. I've had to get a warranty replacement in the past for my smartphones, and they send them out, Next Day delivery (except weekends) at no extra charge. That is their policy whenever possible, unless a given phone is back-ordered. I have been warned that if there is physical or liquid damage to my phone, that I would get charged, but I've never been "grilled" about it. Getting the old phone back to them quickly is part of the program, but, for the convenience of getting a quick replacement, without having to fork out money up front, I feel it's the least I can do.

Oh yes, your bill has to be current (not past due) to qualify for US Cellular's Advance Exchange program.

Just one more reason that I've been with them for over a decade!

3. thecanyon2k4

thecanyon2k4 Member

This is the exact reason why I'm waiting to get my phone from Best Buy.

Black tie protection > anything VZW has to offer.

4. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the phone???

5. Mr. Osato

Mr. Osato Member

...'cept lost or stolen.

6. rasmith3530

rasmith3530 Well-Known Member

Yes, lost or stolen requires device insurance at US Cellular as well. I'd imagine the same holds true for physical or liquid damage under Best Buy's plan.

7. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

Why didn't you just take it to the store? Just wondering... With the fee, I have had it charged to my account multiple times with replacements...VZW has been doing that way more because they have had people not return the phones, but sell and make money. I hope all is well and your new one is perfect. ;)

8. bennec

bennec Well-Known Member

My phone died. I hadn't had it on 15 minutes. Just died. I called and got the replacment order placed and received the confirmation for that. And yes, the are charging my account around 300.00 as well and that amount will be credited once they get my phone back. But who knows when I will get the replacement. I haven't gotten any tracking information yet, so I'm sure it hasn't shipped. And I don't expect it now until that 7/23 shipment goes out.n

I had to reactivate my Droid. I'm pretty down about it all. Verizon needs to stop releasing phones if they can't get manufactures to produce sufficient supplies. They assured folks that would have plenty of phones this time around.

Yet folks that had their friggin' X die on the first day can't even get replacements. You would have thought they would have been smart enough to have kept some held back and in reserve for the phones that might just die. But since I got no tracking on my replacement yet, I assume they have none to ship.

9. xsists

It was out of the box extremely slow. Its too slow to even text or slide the bar to answer/unlock the phone. Takes multiple tries to do anything. Haven't even began to download apps or sync anything other than contacts. I've tried everything. I even factory reset the phone and its still too slow..

I can't take it to the store because of the corporate discount I have on my line, its considered an employee account and they cannot pull it up (no, I am not an employee of Verizon, I used to be a tech in store and still have the discount).

10. Kadgarth

Kadgarth Active Member

The phone is selling for double the amount on ebay than what they're putting on your account. Sounds like a business opportunity to me.

Also, isn't full retail 699.99 not 529.99? At least thats what I paid...

11. Araldo

Araldo Well-Known Member

Full retail is 529.99. Check the VZW site.

12. xsists

Its listed at $569.99 on the website. I thought it was $529.99 but $699.99 is too much!

13. benjiedude

benjiedude Well-Known Member

Wal Mart's Full price is $529. VZW is $569. I bought at Wal Mart.

14. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I haven't had any problems with my x. Also never had to pay for a replacement from verizon.

15. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Is it to a store. ;)