• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I installed an app twice

Pawprint

Lurker
Nov 12, 2010
I did a dumb thing. First, I installed Angry Birds (this was not the dumb thing, by the way, unless you count how much of my life it has consumed) and then moved the app to the SD card.

The dumb thing was that a while later I was charging my phone via my computer (and I was in Disk Drive mode) and I went to play the game. Well, the icon was wrong and the game wouldn't play, so I panicked thinking that I might have lost all my progress. I went out to the market and re-downloaded the game. Whew! All my progress was still there.

Later the whole you-just-couldn't-access-your-SD-card-at-the-moment-you-idiot thing sank in and I realized I had the app on both the card and in phone storage. So I went into Applications and tried to move it to the SD card, but I got an error (presumably because it's already there). So now it's taking up room in phone storage and I don't want it to. I'm afraid if I uninstall the app completely that I really will lose my progress. Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones