1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

I just 187 my launcher. Phone is rooted and in debug.

1. jb_for_all

jb_for_all Member

Well a few months back I rooted my phone. Started using the GoLauncher and all its follow up apps found it better then stock. So I deleted the stock launcher and all was well for a few months until, I was cleaning and so stupidly dumped the golauncher last night. So what do I need to do?

My phone is rooted, it is in debug mode.

I don't have a good update.zip.

I can connect to the pc and use the SD card.

I have have backed up all files.

Would like to fix it and put a clean and empty rom on there with maybe JB. LOL Jellybeen dreams... ICS would be cool though. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Well-Known Member

You have backups you say?... Did you not flash CWM right after rooting?

Set adb up, then do the following:
    adb shell
    mount -o remount,rw /system /dev/block/mtdblock<whatever block it was>
    exit
    adb push <name of launcher> /system/app/

I haven't worked on a Merit/Avail in months so my info may be a little off on the mount command.
  3. jb_for_all

jb_for_all Member

No I did not flash CMW. It would not work so I gave up. kept giving me a error and the phone worked fine so I was like oh well...
  4. cwwilson721

cwwilson721 Well-Known Member

Check out my 100% CWM5 at androidarea51.com, in the zte/Avail/All things root forum.

This version of CWM is fully 100% working. Both update.zip and recovery.img available.
  5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hey jb!
    I moved your thread to the root section to help you with your issue :)