I just dropped my droid in the toilet, ugh

Last Updated:

1. johnrigu

johnrigu Well-Known Member

I just dropped my droid in the toilet :(. It was completely under water. I quickly took it back out and it was like it never fell in. My wife called me as soon as I retieved it and proceeded with the conversation. :eek:
    I think its water proof. I nearly crapped my self.:D

Fecious likes this.
  2. Darkwarrior006

Darkwarrior006 Well-Known Member

if its still wet put it in some rice, it will suck the moister out of it.
  3. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Let it sit for two days to make sure it is dry before you turn it on. One drastic measure I heard works is to submerge it in 90% rubbing alchohol which will flush the water out and evaportate after a few days.
  4. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

This would also sanitize it from falling in the toilet, though I don't know how good that is for the phone; I mean, yeah, we use it to clean heatsinks on computer CPUs, but it CLEANS HEATSINKS. Do you want something that can remove thermal grease floating all around in your Droid?

I agree with letting it sit in a bag of rice; perhaps if you want to sanitize it (I hope you want to sanitize it...), you could use one of those UV disinfecting wands.
  5. screamster

screamster Well-Known Member

aw $hit....
  6. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

did it happen before or after you used it?

cuz there's a big difference there lol.
  7. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I'm surprised, I dropped mine in a sink full of water, it didn't even sink all the way to the bottom before I grabbed it and yanked it out, but it was to late, my poor Droid had drowned. It would still power on, but the screen would stay dark. You could barely see it if you tilted in the light just right.
    I'm so glad insurance covered water damage. I reported it to them, and 2 days later I had my Droid back.
    Moral of the story, Droid does NOT do water very well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

april fools right!? nice.
  9. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member

I dont know if thats a april fools joke but ive dropped a Motorola V265 and a Motorola Q9C into the toilet and they both worked perfectly... I stuck them both in the oven :)
  10. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Dude....your Droid is the shit!

11. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

haha that is terrifying, my friend has a ruined one from a puddle or something of that nature
  12. ccousinsjr

ccousinsjr Well-Known Member

i lol'd
  13. Chugworth

Chugworth Well-Known Member

I wonder how many times people have brought a dead phone up to the Verizon store and told them it fell in the toilet. :D
  14. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

i dropped my Moto Q in the toity. dont know if it worked better before or after. BAAAAAAAA. rice for 2 days worked fo me!!
  15. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I'm glad you picked up a Droid and not a "toid" :eek:
  16. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

man heard people call it drop a load and so on. but to call it a droid is a new one.

if real, kitty litter will work to.
  17. johnrigu

johnrigu Well-Known Member

***April Fools***

Thanks for all the helpful tips but sorry I had to do it. :D
    We have all learned a leason here today on what to do if we drop our droid in the toilet. :rolleyes:
  18. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Haven't dropped my droid in water but I did wash my last phone. Went completely through the wash cycle before I remembered where I left my phone. Left it sitting on top of the dryer for a week and it was good as new. Whew! Verizon might be understanding but family members would NOT let me live that one down if they knew.:rolleyes:
  19. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

That's alright. You've been reported in any case.
  20. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

For what? Not getting you a sense of humor when he put up this thread?
  21. QrafTee

For wasting the time of our helpful community? For creating spam in the forum? Please don't turn to personal attacks.
  22. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Uh oh...:eek: I didn't do it...honest! (fingers crossed)
  23. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

LOL, did you go around reporting all the April Fool joke threads?:p Someone must have got you good:mad:
  24. QrafTee

No, not really. I don't purposely go to spam threads--I only visit certain boards as well--but one that is blatant spam and purposefully waste other's time... He'll know better next time.
  25. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

somebody was out of OJ at breakfast time!