I just got a 16gb SD Card... Can I just put it in when I get the phone?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Incredible_Senor

Incredible_Senor Active Member This Topic's Starter

Or is there something I should do first. I was planning on just taking out the 8gb SD card that was in there and putting in the 16gb and formatting it. Should I be cautious about that, or is that completely fine? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be any problems. Unless you've installed anything on the 8GB one in which case all you'd have to do is copy the data over to the new card.

Your phone won't explode, I promise :)

3. Mugs

Mugs Member

The folders that are in the original SD card - do you need to move ALL of them into the new card?

For instance, HTC SYNC folder is in the original card. I wouldn't need to transfer this as I already have it on the PC. Without transferring it, I would still be able to access the SD via the computer?

Also, in the new SD card, would I need to transfer just the DCIM and other folders for pic's and such?

4. beoti

beoti Member

No need to transfer any of the folders (I've tested without moving any folders and it worked fine).

...however...I would recommend transferring the HTC Sync folder....just in case you want to enable tethering on another computer/laptop you will have the HTC sync install files at your fingertip.

5. kenworth88

kenworth88 New Member

If you go into settings for sd card. Then you unmount the sd card for safe removal