• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i just have a small texting question!

julie24

Lurker
Jan 23, 2010
i just got my HTC hero with sprint yesterday (and might i add that i LOVE it!) anyway, i was texting one of my friends and while i was doing that a small black box with "9/0" came up in the top right hand corner, and i noticed that as i continued to type the numbers would change.. i know it's sort of a pointless question, but i'm really curious as to what it is! does anyone know?

That's how many characters you have left in that message. SMS text mexxages are limited to 160 characters. The HTC Hero and other newer phones will allow you to type more and automatically splits it up into separate 160-character messages when you send it. I believe the numbers are '# of characters remaining / # of messages filled (over 160 characters)'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones