• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I just Notied My EVO Glows In The Dark...

i will be going to sprint store today to see what they say...

Edit: sprint store rep couldn't see the issue. I told them they weren't in a dark enough room to replicate the issue. They did a hard reset and tried some stuff, still couldn't see the glow in the dark LED light because the store was very bright. finally the tech decided to call in an order for replacement. they said they don't know how long it will take for the replacement to come in. FML

Mine came the very next day. Keep your fingers crossed.

Upvote 0
they gave me some BS about how they don't know how long it will take. it made me feel like they are just telling me some BS so I would leave the store.

i did fill a form though

Pretty typical for stores to tell you they either don't know or it will be a long time because then when it comes early you are happy.

But if they said it was going to be there tomorrow and it took two weeks, you would be in there every day complaining.

Upvote 0
Pretty typical for stores to tell you they either don't know or it will be a long time because then when it comes early you are happy.

But if they said it was going to be there tomorrow and it took two weeks, you would be in there every day complaining.
we'll see. if i don't heard from them for couple days, i'll be calling everyday

Upvote 0
Driving home in a dark car with another EVO in the cup holder made me aware that my home keys were glowing and the other EVO was not. So is it a bug or a feature? I asked our local Sprint store and they haven't a clue. BB says its a bug and ordered me a new EVO...wheter or not I take it is my choice.
it's a bug. i wasn't able to get a return because my phone was received for free at the google I/O event

Reactions: rangergrrl
Upvote 0
it's a bug. i wasn't able to get a return because my phone was received for free at the google I/O event

Good to know! I haven't noticed any poor performance because of this. I was getting about 20+ hrs on a charge until the latest OTA update. Now the question remains....do I take a new phone or just think of it as a "special" Evo? :D

Upvote 0
my personal and honest opinion. I would take it in to get a new one

Yes I'm leaning towards that now as well...I just took a look at the build date and it was 4/2/10. I think one of the very early ones. Aside from that the speaker isn't as loud as the other EVOs floating around my office and I do appear to have some screen seperation issues now that I've taken it out of its protective shell!

Upvote 0
wow, HTC customer service just game me some bogus about my email to them regarding the glowing issue.

My name is Casey, and I would be happy to assist you today. This is a characteristic of the device. The device stays lit in dark areas, because it has adjusted to the lack of light, in order for users to navigate through their device in the dark. If you are not worried about missing calls or texts when you go to sleep at night, you could always charge the device with it powered off. I understand, this may not be an option for you, but I was suggesting it, if the light is a nuisance. There is not a way to disable the keys from being lit, unfortunately, and I do apologize for the inconvenience. HTC is investigating ways we can improve the battery life for the EVO. All of our satisfaction surveys are reviewed by HTC, so we can take customers

Upvote 0
It sounds like HTC has been consulting with Steve Jobs...:rolleyes: Deny Deny Deny !
Yup... HTC reps are pretty useless too.
Casey, That's is an unsatisfactory answer from HTC. I have 2 other EVO devices and neither of those 2 devices have softkeys that stay dimly lit while the phone is in standby mode. Therefore it is not a feature for the phone to have the softkeys dimly lit. I've also seen several other people who have the evo and non of them have the same problem as me. Their hardware version was HW003 versus mine was HW002. It seems like the older built tend to have this problem. I will attached the picture of the problem with this email. Could you please escalate this matter? Thanks
Thank you for your reply. You could try hard resetting the device. This will restore the device back to its factory default settings. You should back up your information before hard resetting the device. This will clear all of your internally stored data. Tap, home>menu> settings> privacy> factory data reset> erase everything. I want to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. I want to thank you for contacting HTC. In order to help improve our service I

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones