I just rooted my Evo, now what?

Last Updated:

1. arozer

arozer Member This Topic's Starter

Just used the unrevoked one-click way of rooting.
    Now what? Are there really even any advantages yet? The phone is so new, I haven't even seen any custom roms made for it. Am I not looking in the right place?

What else can I do?

Also, how do you check if the phone has been rooted or not?
    I see the Superuser Permission but unlike the Moto Droid (when I had it rooted) this looks exactly the same as it did before. Making me wonder if it's even rooted.

Advertisement
  2. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Well-Known Member

if you see the superuser permissions then it is rooted, however using the unrevoked method you won't be able to run custom roms. So right now your options after using the unrevoked root method, you can install the WiFi Tether app which is getting mixed results of it working, and you can download one of the CPU overclocking apps which also don't currently do much because no profiles for the evo exist yet.

3. adseguy

adseguy Well-Known Member

so far not too much. There is a stock ROM available, but it's missing some key features like 4G. Wifi Tether works fine here: [​IMG]

I'm removing the bloatware today and tomorrow and I'll post instructions. The good ROMs should be coming out soon and that'll have all the bloatware out plus Froyo 2.2.

No offence, but sounds like you don't even know what root is. It's not something it just gives you full permissions to access ALL of the phone.