I just want a concise answer

Last Updated:

1. kmarriner

kmarriner Member This Topic's Starter

This is probably a stupid question, but I have looked through a majority of threads both here and XDA and can't find a concise answer for it.

I have my incredible rooted (did it the original way), recovery is installed (first from unrevoked2, then I updated to the newest CWM using 3.1), and I have an older hydra kernel.

I want to load a 2.2 rom, but I haven't updated my radio yet, today I did the s-off unlock.

Do I need to just drop the new radio image on my sdcard and let it do its thing in hboot, then install the 2.2 rom?

My main concern is the old hydra kernel, I don't know if it is incompatible with 2.2, for the record the version listed on the phone is "2.6.29-cc1c2268 root@laptopone #7".

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

The old hydra kernels are NOT compatible with Froyo. Just install a new hydra kernel and they will work with the new radios and Froyo.

3. kmarriner

What order should I do it in?
    New Hydra kernel and then froyo?

Will the new Hydra kernels work with 2.1 incase I saw do the kernel now but have to wait until tomorrow to do the rom.

4. b1gg134

b1gg134 Well-Known Member

flash the new hydra kernal first

5. kmarriner

Now I am having problems.. I did an advanced restore of my boot to get back to the stock kernel and the installed the new kernel just like the site says to, but I am still getting a bootloop.

6. shadowmite

shadowmite New Member

Try installing the stock kernel and/or a stock 2.2 rom also. Most likely one of those two is causing your issues.

7. kmarriner

If I goto a stock 2.1 kernel, can I then do the 2.2 radio update safely?

8. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

Wow... Shadowmite walks among us? Everyone bow deeply... this guy has been a ROM god since back in my old WinMo days. And of course we all are familiar with UnrEVOked...

Great to see you here.