I just want my phone to ring...Support

Last Updated:

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All these default Android ringers are too singy-songy or musical. I miss the ringers my old flip phones had that, you know, sounded like a phone ringing.

Anyone know where I can find, say, a Samsung or Sanyo ringer pack? Or a bunch of standard cell phone ringers?

I've searched the android market and several apps therein and can't find what i'm looking for.

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

I read in the forums somewhere if you set a custom ringer and then delete it but dont set another ringer it will use the 'default sounds like a phone ringer'. Don't know if it works but its worth a shot.

Edit : Theres always myxer, you could make your own real phone ringer.

3. Zumaki

That method no longer works when i installed radioactive froyo :(

4. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

There has to be a million sites out there with MP3 sound effects.

5. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

6. Zumaki

No, I don't want an 'old phone' sound, I just want a cell phone ringer that sounds like it's ringing, not a damn song. I have been looking on google now for over an hour and all I can find is music, sfx, and spam sites. Ugh!

7. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

I have 4 on my phone that say standard, I wonder if I could somehow send you the files? They are just basic rings.

ETA: Try this, I saved them in ringdroid just as they were and mailed them to myself. You should be able to DL them from the links.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...&disp=attd&realattid=1342456757387344447-1&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...&disp=attd&realattid=1342456741584961536-1&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...&disp=attd&realattid=1342456721249927168-1&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...&disp=attd&realattid=1342456685796524032-1&zw

8. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

After having Motorola phones for years, I've grown attached to the simple, basic, (and yes...old) Continental ringtone. Shortly after getting my Moment, I found that I didn't like the stock tones, either. I don't remember what site I found the tone on...but there are several. If you're interested, I can send it to you.

The tone has been a fixture on almost every Moto phone since the v120/v60 series about 10 years ago. So I'm sure you've heard it before.

9. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung one too, called 'Samsung Tune' and I just checked, I have a few more "classic" ringtones that are just rings, no songs, no tunes, plain ol' tunes. I'll upload them if you want them, just let me know.

I don't even know where half of mine came from, I am on a custom ROM and installed ringtone files with it, so I guess it must be from that.

10. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

11. Zumaki

UPDATE: I found some ringers!

I downloaded Zedge (sic?) from the market, and did a search for 'basic.'

Came up with several ringers, so now I have like 8 to choose from. And they all sound like cell phones should. No more music coming from my pants. YAY

12. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have 'Shapoopie' "coming from my pants". :p