• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I just want the default theme back

I used some metamorph themes and now I just want to go back to the default one that came with the phone. can some one PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make me a metamorph file that will do this? I'm getting really desperate and even did a factory reset, which did nothing except delete everything off my phone... I really appreciate any help at all.

P.S. I'm VERY new so if you're going to give me advanced instructions please dumb em down a little bit :D thanks!

I used some metamorph themes and now I just want to go back to the default one that came with the phone. can some one PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make me a metamorph file that will do this? I'm getting really desperate and even did a factory reset, which did nothing except delete everything off my phone... I really appreciate any help at all.

P.S. I'm VERY new so if you're going to give me advanced instructions please dumb em down a little bit :D thanks!
Always make a backup before you flash a new rom or theme. It depends on what recovery image you have, if you have cyanogen then you can perform a nandroid backup, If you have RA-dream 1.5.2, then you have the option for performing backup and restore with (bart) and a nandroid or nandroid+ext 2. Now since you did'nt make a backup then you have to re-flash your rom to get back to your original theme, but before you do that go get the (backup for root users) app so you don't have to reinstall your apps. Once you flash your original rom then reinstall backup for root app from store. Only check the APK box, because if you check all it will screw up your rom. Another thing always wipe before you flash roms or themes because the old data will bump heads with the new data and that will screw things up. When your get everything running return to recovery mode, turn off phone then hold home+power for a couple of seconds after the buzz. Go to console hit enter then type in fix_permissions then then let it do it's thing. Then hit the back button and perform a nandroid backup. Now if you can try out new roms and themes and always go back to your original rom by restoring, but make sure you wipe before you restore just to be safe. It's not as complicated as it seem just follow instructions and your good to go, any time you need help just hit me up. Oh I almost forgot, if you want to make going into recovery simple get quickboot app from market

Upvote 0
Always make a backup before you flash a new rom or theme. It depends on what recovery image you have, if you have cyanogen then you can perform a nandroid backup, If you have RA-dream 1.5.2, then you have the option for performing backup and restore with (bart) and a nandroid or nandroid+ext 2. Now since you did'nt make a backup then you have to re-flash your rom to get back to your original theme, but before you do that go get the (backup for root users) app so you don't have to reinstall your apps. Once you flash your original rom then reinstall backup for root app from store. Only check the APK box, because if you check all it will screw up your rom. Another thing always wipe before you flash roms or themes because the old data will bump heads with the new data and that will screw things up. When your get everything running return to recovery mode, turn off phone then hold home+power for a couple of seconds after the buzz. Go to console hit enter then type in fix_permissions then then let it do it's thing. Then hit the back button and perform a nandroid backup. Now if you can try out new roms and themes and always go back to your original rom by restoring, but make sure you wipe before you restore just to be safe. It's not as complicated as it seem just follow instructions and your good to go, any time you need help just hit me up. Oh I almost forgot, if you want to make going into recovery simple get quickboot app from market

I did make a back up. But when i made a new one to save my data it replaced it. Anyway I loaded Sholes bitchin bagel rom and it fixed this issue. thanks for the help tho :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones