I just want to root my Evo 4G

1. Striffy

Striffy New Member

For the past 2 days, I have been trying at all means to root my HTC Evo 4g. I've tried unrEVOked, z4root, SuperOneClick, Universal Androot, GingerBreak, rEVOlution, etc. none have given me the results I am looking for.

Whoever said its as easy as 1, 2 ,3 is wrong on so many levels. Nothing worked...i've spent literally 2 days trying to root this phone in order to get a better battery and delete junk apps, but this is so complicated...

Help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome here to AF!!
    Can you get into bootloader and post what it says and then we will guide you to the correct guide to root your phone.
    No worries, it is easy trust us!:)
  3. Striffy

Striffy New Member

Bootloader says:

Supersonic EVT3 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT- 2.16.0001
    MCROP-041f
    TOUCH PANEL-ATMELCO3_16ac
    RADIO-2.15.00.0808
    Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15
  4. Striffy

Striffy New Member

Bootloader says:

Supersonic EVT3 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT- 2.16.0001
    MCROP-041f
    TOUCH PANEL-ATMELCO3_16ac
    RADIO-2.15.00.0808
    Mar 8 2011, 17:02:15
  5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

o.k...when you said you tried revolutionary, was it this guide? or something similar?
    I assume your bootloader says nothing about locked or unlocked correct?
    And I assume with that hboot version, your desired results were to be s-off correct?
    ocnbrze likes this.
  6. Striffy

Striffy New Member

When I tried revolutionary it just said "Waiting on mobile device...." I thought it had something to do with the software I have. But correct!
  7. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

Did you select to have USB debugging on? When you plug in the phone to the computer how many icons pop up on the stat bar?