I keep getting e mail Notification but no new email

Last Updated:

1. pbrstanwood

pbrstanwood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I set my email on each account to check email every 5 min and every 5 min it tell me i have new e mail when i check i have no new email the little icon at the top pops up saying i have new e mail . how do i set it up to let me know i have new e mail???? and to keep it telling me i have new e mail and it is just e mail i have not opened

Advertisement
  2. jsalimao

jsalimao Active Member

I have the same problem. Anybody have a solution?

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Hello, I just wanted to notify you that there are no new posts in this thread.

4. inphoenix

inphoenix Well-Known Member

5. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

maybe I'm just ******ed and don't understand exactly what the OP is asking or what that link to google's forum is talking about but...

what I'm experiencing is that when i read an email then mark it as unread on my computer, my droid will recognize that action (i.e.: marking it as unread) as a new email and give me a notification. This happens with both my gmail and yahoo accounts and doesn't really bother me at all.

I also get a few email notifications for my yahoo account but no new emails are shown in my inbox on my phone, but when I check from a computer, there are a couple of new ones in there. However, with all of the known POP email issues this phone has, I was never really too concerned with this. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next OS update, but whatever...

6. famac!

famac! Well-Known Member

Like Phoenix said, drop a comment and star that issue. If we all bitch about it, maybe Google will one day fix it.

7. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

There is another possibility;
    I do not know about Gmail, but I have about ten email accounts linked to my site and some were configured on my server to leave a copy on the server. This may be why you keep getting notifications about the same ones. Try opening the emails and see if the redundant notifications cease for them. Then you will at least narrow it down to a Droid-specific configuration problem, or an issue with the server setting or the configuration of the program that another computer set to recieve those email account updates.