• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i keep getting marketing notifications, how do i stop them?

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
Hi, I’m not too sure if it’s an app I have installed or not but I keep getting marketing notifications a lot (most nights)

It shows in the notification bar as a red star, it will be things like, win an ipad or win a phone etc.. if I tap it, it wants to just take me to a webpage to enter a draw, not sure how to get rid of it though as there no way I can find where its coming from and no options to stop as the notification just leads me to a website to enter a competition.

Has anyone else had this or know what it might be?

Thanks

James

i tried ad block plus and i still got the ad, i also just installed airpush detector, it scanned my tablet and said it found nothing.

im a bit lost as to what app is causing it, i don't really want to uninstall loads either to test.

will just live with it until i maybe find it by chance :(

Upvote 0
I installed tripadvisor app thursday and I started getting the push ads. I do have airpush detector and it says it can't find anything.

Just uninstalled tripadvisor to see if it got rid of it.

I use to use Airpush detector on my Droid and Droid2 Global when I started getting the notifications and it worked great and got rid of them. I just got a Motorola RazrM and installed it for protection...we'll see...

T

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones