Root i keep going back to stock 2.1.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rick311, Aug 21, 2010.

1. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    i've rooted and flashed a few roms. my favorite has got to be KaosFroyo, the thing is amazing and is how the phone SHOULD run. almost everything about that is what i like in a phone. obviously there are a few things that need to be ironed out.

I find myself using roms for a few days and then going back to stock. the main reason is battery life. with stock 2.1 i get almost 2 days with moderate use and 1.5 with heavy use.

Ive tried all the setcpu tweaks, but still doesnt work. i would LOVE to run KaosFroyo and get the same batter life, but until then it's back to stock.

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Rick,

Dude, I got awesome battery life on Ivan's Eris Official 1.0...but I have to admit that I turned off a lot of "fluff" stuff: anything that auto-refreshed, animations, haptic feedback, adjusted my screen brightness level, no live wallpaper, no battery widgets, etc.

It also, of course, depends on your usage habits and overclocking. I never needed anything faster than 710MHz and was more than happy with the results (and this was before I flashed Zanfur's o/c patch and installed the newer setCPU).

Its now one of the "older", classic ROMs (still waiting for v1.1), but I still think its one of the best.

3. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    i tried Ivans. it was the first one i flashed to after i 1st rooted. I even liked my stock 2.1 over that. my 2.1 isnt laggy at all, sometimes it takes a little for the phone to connect a call, but that's it. the only reason i rooted and wanted new roms was because the internal memory on this phone is a joke! it just seems re+arded to allow a phone an SD card slot and not allow apps to be stored on it, especially when internal memory is so scarce.