I keep having to input CAPTCHA google sign in?Support

Last Updated:

1. greyisokay

greyisokay Member This Topic's Starter

I keep having to input CAPCHA
    My phone frequently has a pop-up box that stops me from doing anything. It says "Google Sign-in" and it has the CATCHA box.

I have a HTC EVO 4G, with an aftermarket battery. I am on wifi a lot as I live in an area with a lot of free wifi and I have wifi at home and at my girlfriend's house. I have had Android since the Dev G1, but never had this with the G1.

The problem is, I have to enter it several times a day, and it only seems to pop up when I try to do something, like answer the phone or type a text message. Since I have no keyboard, these arbitrary sequences of letters are a real pain. About half the time it makes me enter two sequences of letters----I do not know if that means I did the first set wrong or what, but I have to do CAPTCHA every day.

I have never received a response from the official Google threads, not once.
    I missed another call today and I'm tired of it. Does google really think I'm a computer or what? I called Sprint, they said it's not a problem with a phone and I should stop using google apps to prevent the problem. I could not contact HTC.

I am not rooted, everything is legit and official, I just keep missing functional applications with my phone due to Google Sign In and CAPTCHA. Has anyone else ever had to do this or figured out a solution?

Advertisement
  2. DapperScoo

DapperScoo New Member

This same thing has been happening to me. Sometimes not at all for a week, then several times in one day. I think it started around the time when I installed the Google Voice Search app. Others aren't seeing it?

3. greyisokay

I have had no significant responses from google's forum either. this seems to be just something some users are plagued with, although I didn't have this problem with the dev G1 for 2 years. I did a factory reset on my phone, but that was NOT worth it, despite what some say. I cannot retreive many apps, cannot update backed-up apps that have been restored, I lost ALL settings, etc. And now, I am still getting CAPTCHA requests and have no new information or support from google for me or the other employees in my business domain for google apps.

4. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

If someone tries to hack into your Google account either by too many wrong passwords or the security question thing, it will lock and force you to enter the captcha. I have a crazy girl who always tries to hack my Gmail password and I frequently have to enter the captcha because of it.

5. greyisokay

I don't have a "crazy girl" to try to access either one of my accounts, so I don't think that's it. Besides, resetting the phone seems to have fixed it mostly, only now I have bigger problems and no response from google for my employees.

6. Apache

Apache Well-Known Member

Despite my being 100% certain that I am entering the correct letters (some of those CAPTCHA's are quite difficult to decipher), and doing so multiple times in a row correctly, my Droid X is not letting me sign-in to Gmail - ???

Help ???

7. AyeAyeCapn

AyeAyeCapn Member

this is weird. i have never had this issue. you should make a new email account, or change your password just to be on the safe side.

8. Apache

Apache Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why this fixed it but this is what I did...

I went into my Gmail on my laptop and changed the password. Then I went back to my DX and changed the password there too. That stopped the CAPTCHA viscous circle

9. JamesKBoyd

JamesKBoyd New Member

I am having the same issue as the original poster. My Evo is not rooted and I have the stock keyboard.