• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I keep having to input CAPTCHA google sign in?

greyisokay

Lurker
Apr 13, 2009
I keep having to input CAPCHA
My phone frequently has a pop-up box that stops me from doing anything. It says "Google Sign-in" and it has the CATCHA box.

I have a HTC EVO 4G, with an aftermarket battery. I am on wifi a lot as I live in an area with a lot of free wifi and I have wifi at home and at my girlfriend's house. I have had Android since the Dev G1, but never had this with the G1.

The problem is, I have to enter it several times a day, and it only seems to pop up when I try to do something, like answer the phone or type a text message. Since I have no keyboard, these arbitrary sequences of letters are a real pain. About half the time it makes me enter two sequences of letters----I do not know if that means I did the first set wrong or what, but I have to do CAPTCHA every day.

I have never received a response from the official Google threads, not once.
I missed another call today and I'm tired of it. Does google really think I'm a computer or what? I called Sprint, they said it's not a problem with a phone and I should stop using google apps to prevent the problem. I could not contact HTC.

I am not rooted, everything is legit and official, I just keep missing functional applications with my phone due to Google Sign In and CAPTCHA. Has anyone else ever had to do this or figured out a solution?

This same thing has been happening to me. Sometimes not at all for a week, then several times in one day. I think it started around the time when I installed the Google Voice Search app. Others aren't seeing it?

I have had no significant responses from google's forum either. this seems to be just something some users are plagued with, although I didn't have this problem with the dev G1 for 2 years. I did a factory reset on my phone, but that was NOT worth it, despite what some say. I cannot retreive many apps, cannot update backed-up apps that have been restored, I lost ALL settings, etc. And now, I am still getting CAPTCHA requests and have no new information or support from google for me or the other employees in my business domain for google apps.

Upvote 0
If someone tries to hack into your Google account either by too many wrong passwords or the security question thing, it will lock and force you to enter the captcha. I have a crazy girl who always tries to hack my Gmail password and I frequently have to enter the captcha because of it.

I don't have a "crazy girl" to try to access either one of my accounts, so I don't think that's it. Besides, resetting the phone seems to have fixed it mostly, only now I have bigger problems and no response from google for my employees.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones