I know. Another 2.1 thread.

Last Updated:

1. gopens

gopens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I updated to 2.1 the day after it was available from sprint. I have been over all pretty happy. It seems to me that scrolling on webpages has become very smooth and responsive.

But I do regret going from 1.5 to 2.1. I just got excited about the 2.1. I want to go back to 1.5--but from what I have read, that is not possible. So I am looking into rooting my phone. Can I even root 2.1. Can anybody recommend what root I should use. I have never done a root before so I don't really know what is recommended for a root. I just want something that runs smooth kind of like 1.5 was for me. I don't need live wallpapers are anything fancy. thanks and I am sorry for bringing up another 2.1 thread.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Currently 2.1 is NOT rootable.

3. gopens

gopens Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Kelmar. So is there ANYTHING I can do. Or must I just wait until a root is available.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

You can complain to Sprint about your problems and hope you get them to send you a refurb/new one with 1.5 still on it.

Otherwise you are pretty much stuck with a stock 2.1 phone (until root is found).