I know I'm getting old, but............

Last Updated:

1. jetjock46

jetjock46 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was just wondering, I notice that the media volume for my music only goes so high and in noisy places, such as airplanes, the sound is weak at best. I know the Bose 15 head phones work great, but I should be able to blast my head off if I want to. When I have the volume up on the speaker, it's very loud. I have tried several head sets, ear buds, with the same results. My phone is not rooted and will stay that way. Is there something that I am missing?

Thankx

Advertisement
  2. Sixxx

Sixxx Well-Known Member

You can try turning on the hearing aid mode by going to menu>settings>call>hearing aids but i'm not sure if it would have an effect on the music volume.

3. jetjock46

No change

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

the external speaker on the phone isn't that loud, but you should easily be able to knock your socks off with headphones.

I had some "beats" headphones for a couple of weeks at work, and listening to music on my phone I had to have it turned down almost all the way, only like 2 clicks up

5. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

My phone is rooted, and I have the "Louder Volume Hack" app and have to turn it up almost all the way to hear it the way I like.

6. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi Well-Known Member

Are the files you're listening to ripped by yourself, downloaded or a music source like Pandora?

7. jetjock46

I have some of all the files. I have ripped, downloaded, and so on. I use windows media player to upload the files. Could that be the issue?

8. jetjock46

Pandora is slightly louder, but not a whole lot.

9. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi Well-Known Member

Well, I was thinking if they were files you ripped yourself that maybe there was something in the settings that would encode them at a preset level. But if Pandora is just slightly louder then that can't be it.
    Other than there being actually something wrong with the amp circuit, then the only other thing could be perhaps some debris in the jack that may be causing a bad connection. I lieu of a can of compressed air, you could try turning it upside down and blowing gently into the jack, perhaps tap the phone a few times and see what happens. I'm afraid, in all honesty, it may be the circuit.

10. jetjock46

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.