i know its been asked a billion times

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

what is the safe max temp that the cpu should get to..im onyl asking now cause it seems my replacement phone is running warmer then my previous and i dont want to cause any problems

so whats the safe max temp in C

Advertisement
  2. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

That's really weird. I was just looking for information on the same thing - I was messing around comparing how smooth web pages were on different browsers and the processor got up to 60C/140F.

This is what I found in this thread: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/46022-what-should-cpu-temp.html

Posted by droidpcguru:
    I'm not sure where he got this information.

Also someone else in the thread said the battery should not go above 60C. The battery is usually a lot cooler than the cpu though.

3. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

the most ive seen so far is 48c when watching a flash vid in the new skyfire browser

4. nstallion

I live in southern California. When using the car dock in my windshield (with the sun beating down on it) and navigation, the temperature frequently gets up to mid to high 50s. Set CPU is at 1200mhz and set to drop to 550mhz when the battery hits 44C. I wish you could make the setCPU temp profile based on CPU temperature rather than battery.

I think these chips are probably a lot more robust than people think.

5. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

My car dock heats up nicely as well in the sun.
    I have my profile set to clock from 1100 to 800 when plugged in (on the car dock it's usually plugged in)

6. Turbo Ninja CPA

Turbo Ninja CPA Active Member

I'm about here too, Oc'd at 900. I have setcpu failsafe at >50 it dials it down to 550 just to be safe. I also saw that temp when playing robo defense.

7. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

My info came from about 2 hours of research into the official documents for the TI OMAP3430 processor, which is of course the CPU in our Droids. All the info that I found that is relevant to our situation is in that thread and I believe another that I linked to in there:)

8. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Highest mine got was 42. Take in mind I'm living in NYC and temps here are about 60-80 right now.

BB V1 Leaked runs really cool with the kernel it comes with. loving it.

9. nstallion

You've mixed Celsius and Fahrenheit there, a bit confusing. There's no way your Droid is running cooler than the ambient air temperature lol.