I know its too soon, but upcoming Android OS ?

Last Updated: 2013-01-03 20:07:50
  1. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

project butter makes it all delicious :D

Advertisement
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

There was no proof of a name there. Only a glimpse of a build prop that said android 5.0
    PRallday168 likes this.
  3. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. alicemenezes

alicemenezes Well-Known Member

Yup........ the next one is keylime pie or so I've heard. Anyone guessed the logic behind these names? Well, they are taking it in an alphabetical order more like alphabetical food order.... Any idea what's the next one..??
  5. Rxpert83

Its alphabetical desserts/sweet treats.

The hard part is it can't be tradenamed. I could see lollipop.

But considering klp isn't official yet ill hold out on speculating the next one:D
  6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Yep everyone can speculate but nothing is official until it is announced, like when everyone thought 4.2 would be KLP. But it wasn't.

Just wait, have patience and we'll have our answers :)
  7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Still hoping someone makes that into a t shirt. :D
    Can't say there's much I really want outside of more timely updates. I know this generally relies on having a Nexus but just more partnership with independent developers like Cyanogen. I know it won't happen, but there's always hope.
  8. JIMV

JIMV Well-Known Member

My wish list of features is all music related. I would like it to have a decent 24/96 DAC, the ability to send a digital signal through the USB port to a really good exernal DAC, and I wish the Blue Tooth would send a signal at a loud enough power to not force me to crank the stereo all the way up when I use Blue Tooth.

Oh, and I wsih they wrote instructions explaining how to do all that written in full sentences and English.
    PRallday168 likes this.
  9. PRallday168

PRallday168 Well-Known Member

Lemon tart 6.0
    alicemenezes likes this.
  10. alicemenezes

Totally..... Lemon tart sounds awesome. Come on lets take it till Z now. Ideas guys..?? What would M be ...??
    PRallday168 likes this.
  11. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I would like to see facial recognition unlock take some steps forward.

Also, there are still some little things with Google Now that don't work correctly, and it would be nice if more answers were spoken back instead of just a google search.

More hardware than software, but this is right around the corner and I personally can't wait. Thin phone, and all day battery life!! Airnergy charges battery using Wi-Fi signals | Gadgets | Geek.com

I just read an article a couple days ago, and it is still being worked on :D Looks like it is going to be embedded in phone batteries.
    alicemenezes and PRallday168 like this.
  12. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Marshmallow :p
    alicemenezes likes this.
  13. PRallday168

this would be something to see! i hope they put this in production soon!
  14. PRallday168

15. PRallday168

after M would like to see Nutcracker :D
  16. bob60626

bob60626 Well-Known Member

I don't give a snot about future software. I'm still waiting for super batteries and affordable 5"+ phones. :D
    PRallday168 likes this.
  17. blarelli

blarelli Well-Known Member

I'd really like a universal desktop experience integrated with my phone. Kind of like Ubuntu for Android. I'll never stop using a full windows desktop, but it would be great to have my phone be a second (or in my case fourth) desktop.

18. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Google is actually releasing something called "Chrome OS" now on Laptops and it is pretty much seamless integration between your computer and phone.

If they could produce a version for desktops I know I would get it.
  19. blarelli

blarelli Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've used Chromium and Chrome OS and a couple of off-shoots like Jolicloud. They're ok, but I'd prefer something a little more full featured.
  20. alicemenezes

Woah...what are these.?? Phone OS or desktop..?? How do they work..?? And how and where do you get them? Who programs them?
  21. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

They are Desktop/Laptop OSes and are made by Google :)
  22. Tattycakes

Tattycakes Well-Known Member Contributor

Or Nutella!

For O... Oatmeal? Orange?

Maybe they'll jump straight to P for peppermint!
  23. Rxpert83

They can't use trademarked names, so nutella is most likely out.