• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I know there's an app for "that", but what about "this"?

Chicago77

Feb 11, 2010
I use an app called backgrounds to find new wallpapers and pair them up with icon packs which seem to blend well together. I'm admittedly fickle and get bored with my newly created "theme" so the process begins anew about every 3-4 days.

I want to be able to toggle back and forth between these different layouts I've created instead of having to start from scratch and reload another wallpaper and icons to recreate a prior theme.

Is there any kind of app that can save settings like what I'm (hopefully) describing?

I think what you're looking for is already built into the phone. Set up everything how you like it then from a homepage tap menu > scenes. Here you can save custom scenes(themes) and recall stock or previously saved scenes. I hope that's what you're looking for.

Edit: The "clean slate" scene is a great place to start making a theme from scratch. It removes all icons and widgets and starts with a generic wallpaper.

Reactions: Chicago77
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones