• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I know this is very niche, but would anybody be interested in an Android-themed MUD?

NssOne

Lurker
Jun 30, 2010
OK, this is not about an Android RPG app, but what I am talking about is developing a text-based RPG MUD that uses telnet with ANSI graphics and using the (suggested) AndroMUD telnet client. This may not be something most people here have even heard of or would have any interest in trying it out, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see what kind of interest the AF community might have.

I found AndroMUD yesterday and ever since I found this app it re-ignited my love of the old BBS games I used to play back in the day. Now I'm thinking of trying to develop my own MUD, but it would be nice to make it more community-based. I would love to hear from different people what kind of elements they would like to see in it. I would even like to find a couple of people to include in the build team. It wouldn't even require any kind of coding experience, but D&D or other text-based RPG experience is all that's needed. All I need is some other brains to help me figure out some game balancing and numbers.

So, just testing the waters and seeing what kind of interest there is out there. And if you're interested in being part of this or want any more details on my project idea, feel free to contact me.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones