I know we have come a long way but...Support

Last Updated:

1. Palomino

Palomino Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I remember when linking multiple email accounts on the phone would drain the hell out of the battery... has that problem been fixed?

I haven't been using the evo's main email app jus gmail and now that I want to link my other email accounts together, Im afraid to do so....

Has that issue been fixed, are there other issues now, or is there a better way?

Advertisement
  2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

This was never a phone issue so much as the phone needing to access the data network (use battery) so often for multiple accounts. Battery life has always been pretty good with accounts that link/push to one account separately/independent of the Evo which leaves the Evo only to link/pull-push with one account.

The best option is to have one email account (many people use the gMail account for this) to which all other emails are pushed. You can then set your schedule of pushes however you like them.

You can also simply manually do a pull from each separate account.

It's the constant contact with the network and push-pull that drains the battery. That's the only way to address your concern.

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I have my GMail push and two other (hotmail) accounts update every hour. With this setup, I have no battery problems on my EVO.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

no issues here but all mine are retrieved by gmail

5. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

I don't use the Gmail app at all anymore, just the stock mail app with three accounts. I have one account that polls for messages every 15 minutes, the others every 2 hours. No battery problems here.

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I've switched from the gmail app to the stock htc app now as well. all of my accounts (6 now I think) go through the one gmail addy ....then to the htc mail app

7. Palomino

Palomino Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do you link or (push) multiple accounts non-Gmail together to gmail email app?