• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I know you people are smart...

kilroy-was-here-550x300.jpg

Folks are just trying to help, let's keep our tempers in check.:)

Upvote 0
Then do you? Do you know how to get the Avants TWRP and is it really compatable with my Samsung Galaxy Core LTE SM G386W???
I don't know squat. I'm but a simple volunteer moderator here to keep the peace. AF is built on friendly folks helping people enjoy their devices as best possible.

It's up regular folks helping other regular folks, and doing the best they can. Some people have answered the same questions 100's or 1,000's of times and shorten a response in a way that may sound terse. I know I have. Blu is trying to help, I think he has the knowledge, but I don't know, I know I don't have the knowledge.

Upvote 0
@OfficialBrony , you want a quick fix and you don't want to read. That's fine, just so long as you accept that anything you try to do is completely on you from turning your phone into a magical unicorn that grants wishes to the proverbial brick.

Now, if you still have root and can install busybox, you might try Avant Exploded to get twrp installed.

I cannot vouch for any of this. I don't own an Avant, have never rooted with kingroot or installed twrp with an app. It might work, it might not. It might brick your phone. But, that's the quick fix.

The safe way is a lot of work and that's already been suggested and rejected.

If you try, I hope it works.

Upvote 0
It should work, it just dd's twrp to the recovery partition. We got people from Canada land confirming that they used the app and it works, says so in the description. Thing is certain software updates made it harder to install twrp without odin on the Avant. Not sure if the same applies to the core lte but I would assume so.

Upvote 0
It should work, it just dd's twrp to the recovery partition. We got people from Canada land confirming that they used the app and it works, says so in the description. Thing is certain software updates made it harder to install twrp without odin on the Avant. Not sure if the same applies to the core lte but I would assume so.
Can you send me the firmware link so i can download it

Upvote 0
Reread what I said, TWRP is made FOR the Avant, but it works on the Core LTE because the core is just a rebranded Avant they sell in Canada and other places. If your model number is G386W then you can try to install the Avant's TWRP using the app lunatic linked to. It might not work because you have kingroot, if it doesn't then flash it using a PC and odin. You can find twrp for the Avant in the all things root section in the galaxy Avant section here in the forums.

Upvote 0
Reread what I said, TWRP is made FOR the Avant, but it works on the Core LTE because the core is just a rebranded Avant they sell in Canada and other places. If your model number is G386W then you can try to install the Avant's TWRP using the app lunatic linked to. It might not work because you have kingroot, if it doesn't then flash it using a PC and odin. You can find twrp for the Avant in the all things root section in the galaxy Avant section here in the forums.
Okay I will try. But is there another way to root my phone instead of having the Kingouser shit on my phone?I am really sorry. Not just to you, Blu, but to every one else that I may acted angerly at.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones