i like kaosfroyo except soooo slowwww

Last Updated:

1. keanej6

keanej6 Member This Topic's Starter

So i've been running kaos froyo v37 for about a month now and initially i was pretty pleased. i liked the look, the features, the improved battery life, etc. but soon noticed how extremely slow it can be at times. i run v37 because of the v38 drained my battery in like 2 hours not to mention the camera not opening (i have issues with the camera with in v37 too).

i've scoured the forums and read up on ways to improve the performance but nothing really helps. everything is just very sluggish on my phone; from the unlock screen to opening new apps to using the dialer to flipping between screens. should i use a different ROM? should i go back to 2.2?

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

3. notaguru

notaguru Well-Known Member

On my Eris, v37 is very snappy and stable. Battery life is excellent, and there are no problematic apps.

You may have an app or widget that's slowing things down by creating conflict. Diagnosis is easy: start from scratch with v37 and nothing else loaded. If you're satisfied with the speed, install apps in small groups until the problem re-appears. If v37 alone is slow, there's a hardware fault.

4. keanej6

keanej6 Member This Topic's Starter

k i'll try that thanks for the tip. also, what camera are you using? the one that comes with kaosfroyo force closes or causes my phone to freeze.

5. notaguru

notaguru Well-Known Member

I didn't even know there is an alternative. Mine is the one that came with v37. It's fine.

Am I just lucky? Well, I always use the phone while facing east...

6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

That's interesting. I've been using V38 for the past few weeks and my phone works perfectly fine as far as battery life and speed go. It hasn't been on the charger for over a day with an extended battery.

You did flash the Decafuct kernel right?