• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I like my Samsung Moment

I acquired a Samsung Moment on eBay last year as I work part-time as a designated driver. I needed a better phone for getting messages, email dispatch as well as GPS.

I got this phone for $23.00, in excellent condition! And when I took it to the local Sprint shop to switch the number from my old company flip-phone, the techs were impressed with my find!

I really like the actual keyboard- as I've used the Huawei and LG Android phones before this one, and really don't like the touchscreen. Granted the Moment is an older Eclair device, (which I really wan't familiar with) I still prefer it's feel.

What I love is the camera. Even though it's a 3.2 megapixel, it's relly nice and sharp; and the flash is neat. With the Flashlight app, it's ever better!

Rich

There are 3 major things that I HATE about Androids!
1: AIRPLANE MODE
For some reason, "Airplane Mode" will turn ON and will refuse to turn OFF! It takes the removal of the battery and a hard restart; sometimes more than onces or twice.
2: NUANCE
When I plug in my wired headset (I cannot stand Bluetooth) it will switch on and takes forever to switch it off. It stinks on ice!
3: LOCKING UP
This is a real pain in my butt! When this phone locks up, it takes anywhere from just a single "yank the battery, put it back in and it's fixed" to taking up to over 6 hours for the damn thing to turn back on!

So, any and all help is appreciated as I need this phone. Not only did we lose our home in foreclosure in September, and have been evicted since we have yet to vacate the place (my wife is in a wheelchair and we can't find accessible homes) but I just lost my job; after 4 years unemployment I finally get a job- only to get fired after 4 months for a mishap due to faulty equipment. And this phone is my link to my part-time designated driver gig as well as a valid cell number.

Hello DocMacKinnon. :hello: Welcome to Android Forums.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with your Moment. Here's our section here dedicated to that phone:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/

If you don't see the issues you're having addressed, then that's the best place to ask.

Best of luck getting your phone working like it should, and I hope things look up for you and your family soon. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones