I like my Samsung Moment

1. DocMacKinnon

DocMacKinnon New Member

I acquired a Samsung Moment on eBay last year as I work part-time as a designated driver. I needed a better phone for getting messages, email dispatch as well as GPS.

I got this phone for $23.00, in excellent condition! And when I took it to the local Sprint shop to switch the number from my old company flip-phone, the techs were impressed with my find!

I really like the actual keyboard- as I've used the Huawei and LG Android phones before this one, and really don't like the touchscreen. Granted the Moment is an older Eclair device, (which I really wan't familiar with) I still prefer it's feel.

What I love is the camera. Even though it's a 3.2 megapixel, it's relly nice and sharp; and the flash is neat. With the Flashlight app, it's ever better!

Rich

There are 3 major things that I HATE about Androids!
    1: AIRPLANE MODE
    For some reason, "Airplane Mode" will turn ON and will refuse to turn OFF! It takes the removal of the battery and a hard restart; sometimes more than onces or twice.
    2: NUANCE
    When I plug in my wired headset (I cannot stand Bluetooth) it will switch on and takes forever to switch it off. It stinks on ice!
    3: LOCKING UP
    This is a real pain in my butt! When this phone locks up, it takes anywhere from just a single "yank the battery, put it back in and it's fixed" to taking up to over 6 hours for the damn thing to turn back on!

So, any and all help is appreciated as I need this phone. Not only did we lose our home in foreclosure in September, and have been evicted since we have yet to vacate the place (my wife is in a wheelchair and we can't find accessible homes) but I just lost my job; after 4 years unemployment I finally get a job- only to get fired after 4 months for a mishap due to faulty equipment. And this phone is my link to my part-time designated driver gig as well as a valid cell number.

Advertisement
    :
  2. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Hello DocMacKinnon. :hello: Welcome to Android Forums.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with your Moment. Here's our section here dedicated to that phone:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/

If you don't see the issues you're having addressed, then that's the best place to ask.

Best of luck getting your phone working like it should, and I hope things look up for you and your family soon. :)
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, hope you enjoy your stay here. :cool:
  4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Welcome to the site

As EB Directed you, your device forum will be best to get the proper help and support you need, cheers.
  5. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

You can also check out the SDX Developers forum, it probably has the largest amount of files available for the Moment. Welcome to the forum.