i like this phone...General

Last Updated:

1. nakmario

nakmario Member

surprised that the conversation is so quiet...
    i like the phone. Decently sized screen, great speed, ICS, and keyboard is awesome. :smokingsomb:

2. plasticarmyman

plasticarmyman Well-Known Member

can you possibly pull the kernel for this phone?...do you guys have root yet?...
  3. uscpsycho

uscpsycho Member

This is depressing. Can't find any info on rooting or anything else on the forums.

My relationship with the Samsung Epic 4G is over. I've finally had it. As long as I'm on Sprint there are only two viable alternatives, the Photon Q or the LG Mach. The Photon is out due to non-replaceable battery.

However, finding spare batteries for this phone is a challenge in and of itself.

Those of us who prefer physical keyboards are getting the shaft. Heck, some Sprint stores don't even carry the phone and their employees have never heard of it. Our only hope is that when RIM finally goes under all those people who love keyboards will create enough demand that handset makers will meet the need for high end phones with keyboards.

Is there anywhere with a more active community of LG Mach users?
    mtstew likes this.
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Hey, try rooting with this:
    Hopefully LG didn't patch the root method yet :)
    uscpsycho likes this.
  5. uscpsycho

uscpsycho Member

You think that might work with the Mach even though it's a completely different phone?

I got the SGS3 on a trial basis today. I've got 14 days to decide if I can live with it. I also got this keyboard made for the S3 and trying to see if I can get used to it.

I was so spoiled by the keyboards on the Samsung Epic 4G and the HTC Touch Pro2 before that. Unfortunately, performance of both phones was underwhelming but the keyboards were amazing. I don't think any keyboard phone has ever come close to touching the form of the HTC TP2.
  6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Yes I do. That root method was originally based on another phone :p
  7. powerkane

powerkane Well-Known Member

Check out the all things root thread for the mach there are links on rooting n stuff