I lose Bluetooth (and earbud) Music after a call or other notificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. rafairchild2

rafairchild2 Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched hi and low, so I apologize if this has been answered before.

I have a stock Droid-X. I have my blue-tooth paired to Motorola HT820 stereo/phone headsets. SIDE NOTE: I also use wired stereo ear-buds that are music and phone capable as well.

Here's the problem.

I can be listening to Pandora with my HT820's all is fine, I am grooving.. then I receive a phone call. I carry on the phone call for 5+ minutes (or whatever) through the HT's and when I disconnect from the call, I have nothing but silence! Music does not come back. I check to make sure Pandora is running and the music is playing... yep, still no sound though.

So I try and test what is happening...

I then go back and call, say voice mail. The call goes over the HT's fine. But when I disconnect from the call, my music is not there. I try turning off, then back on the blue-tooth (I double check in settings I am connected and it is) but it still won't play my music, it will come over the regular speaker, when I turn of the blue tooth. The only way to bring it back is to power off the X. My music will then play again until I receive another call or notification like a text message.

The weird thing is this happens when I use the wired ear buds plugged into the jack. These are designed not only for stereo, but handling phone calls too. No sound, I unplug and the music plays out the speaker. Again only powering off and on the X will get the music back into the wired ear buds....

Like I said, this is a stock phone, not rooted.

Paired and connected, Media and phone checked...

Version 1.13.604MB810.verizon.en.us
    Firmware 2.1-update1
    Baseband version BP_C_01.09.04P

Advertisement
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Weird. If i get a call and have stock stereo buds in, i can unplug and answer the call, and the music starts back immediately after the call ends.

3. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Most likely a bug.. I hate to keep saying this, but the best option is really to wait for 2.2 to see what happens.. you dont want to change a bunch of stuff just to have it fixed in the next 20 days.

On another note.. doesn't listenning to music on your bluetooth drain it's batter.. as well as ur phones?

4. rafairchild2

rafairchild2 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the responses.

Yeah, I am waiting for 2.2 with hopes...

I have the extended battery so I get a little more time out of it. Also, I don't talk on the phone much, so music is the thing for me. I was actually testing out the blue-tooth as I discovered the wired problem. I actually discovered it accidentally.

It's very frustrating as I moved from a Black-Berry a year early. Say what we will about the BB, it was rather solid in many areas. I know Droid is new, so I am trying to exhibit patience with it.

5. phx_zs

phx_zs New Member

Has anyone figured this out yet?
    I have a stock T-Mobile HTC G2 with Android 2.2 with the same issue. I called the car manufacturer but they said it was an issue with the phone or a setting.

6. robert+

robert+ New Member

Same here. I have HTC G2 with 2.2 and Blaupunkt car audio interface connecting to phone thru bluetooth. After call i drop music playback and i have to turn bluetooth off on again ( just like in IT CROWD series :))