I lost 3GSupport

Last Updated: 2010-11-06 14:26:59
  1. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member

Just out of the blue tonight I lost my 3G. I still get 4 full bars on the signal indicator, but there is no 3G icon and I can only surf using my local wireless connection. Very strange because I was in the middle of downloading a market app when it just disappeared.

Can the Verizon towers go out occasionally causing me to lose 3G or do you think something happened to my phone in some way?

Disregard. Called Verizon and somehow I got kicked off their network. Had to reactivate the phone to get back on.

Advertisement
  2. myfishbear

myfishbear Well-Known Member

same thing happened to me but i had no cell abilitys but i did have 3g.. called up vzw and entered some stuff under nam1 and had to enter a huge code... then it was back up... i think vzw cross links accounts sometimes. ps my voicemail was packed with other peoples msgs...not just one person, multiple people lol
  3. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

That long code was probably their akey. have had numerous issues with activating phones on my account and getting "I'm sorry we are currently unable to authenticate your phone right now....."etc. I usually call and ask for the akey, and explain myself to them about how i know about the akey and what it is and such. Akey is Authentication key which is a long number that verizon uses to authenticate the phone on the network.

*off topic* been so busy helping people barely noticed i reached 400 posts....402nd post Woot! *end off topic*
  4. myfishbear

myfishbear Well-Known Member

yep it was an akey. vz did the same for my home voicemail... id call it and it would call someones cell phone and that person was getting all my voicemail... n1 verizon:D