• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I lost my galaxy y. How to track it? Filipino here

You could also download an app remotely from your PC to your phone, called Android Lost, and track it that way, go to the site Androidlost, and sign in and it will install the app on your phone, and you can track it by GPS you can also do many other feature, like Lock it, delete all the data, jam the Sim card if you have one, make a siren go off, sent a text that will talk etc... works great, my buddy lost his phone last week and I was able to install this app on his phone remotely and we found his phone. but you do need to have a Gmail account set up to the phone. Follow the instructions if you do not have the app on your phone, it will tell you how to install it remotely, and yes there is Plan B also that is another option.

Android Lost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gcTZbreowJM

Upvote 0
on your pc.. you go to google play store website.
log on with the ID you created for your phone account.
search for "plan b"
click install... it will install it to the phone. (if the phone is ON, and still has your account on it)

plan B .. will help turn on the GPS and locate your phone.

Upvote 0
Did you read what I posted ^^^ Above, I told you exactly how to do it, you can remotely install the app to your phone from your PC, I also posted a video for you to see, it works great, we recovered my buddies phone

Here is the post above,

You could also download an app remotely from your PC to your phone, called Android Lost, and track it that way, go to the site Androidlost, and sign in and it will install the app on your phone, and you can track it by GPS you can also do many other feature, like Lock it, delete all the data, jam the Sim card if you have one, make a siren go off, sent a text that will talk etc... works great, my buddy lost his phone last week and I was able to install this app on his phone remotely and we found his phone. but you do need to have a Gmail account set up to the phone. Follow the instructions if you do not have the app on your phone, it will tell you how to install it remotely, and yes there is Plan B also that is another option.

Android Lost

It happened yesterday. Is there i way that i can locate it using pc? I don't have any androidphones so i can't install the apps you suggested. Help please :( I'm a poor guy.. :(((((

Upvote 0
I lost my galaxy y awhile ago. But i didn't enable the mobile tracker in it. What should i do? I'm from philippines btw. Hellllllp!

Seriously, it's probably been reformatted by now if not already sold. Thieves in the Philippines are efficient. Within an hour, the phone has probably been turned off and the SIM card disposed of. Unless you just happened to misplace it at home or something, I wouldn't count on being able to recover your phone.

Do you have the IMEI and proof of purchase? You can go to the NTC to have it blocked, I think. There might also be easier ways to do that now.

Upvote 0

Android Lost

It seems that, I should install it first at my samsung phone. But the problem is i lost my one and only android phone and i don't have any androidphones anymore. So all i need is a tracker that can locate where my phone is using laptop or pc :(

Upvote 0
i dont think you understand...

you can use your PC... to make your lost phone load the application.
the application will then turn on the GPS and front-facing camera.
the phone will get a quick GPS reading and send you an email of it's coordinates.
when someone wakes up the phone, it will take a picture with front-facing camera; and send you an email.
it can also send you a list of calls the phone has made.

this will only work if.. the phone is still working with your google account and have data service.

you should go to the google play store.. and read the description of "plan b" app.

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones