I lost my mind today and went to the Apple store

Last Updated:

1. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know what got into me but I woke up today wanting to see the iPhone 4. So I went down to my local Apple store to check it out. Within 30 seconds I knew it wasn't for me. The problem with the iPhone is the screen size. I had a first generation iPhone and never once thought the screen was too small. Since having the EVO for the last 2 months there is no way I could get used to anything smaller. To be fair Apple deserves a lot of credit for the build quality of the iPhone 4, it feels amazing in the hand.

Advertisement
  2. ThatNewAndroidGuy

ThatNewAndroidGuy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

and so It begins...

WaSTeLaNd likes this.
  3. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Well-Known Member

I gotta agree here, my friens has an iPhone i also used to own a 3g after spending some time with the evo the iPhone seems so tiny, even thoe apples build quality is way better

4. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not at all intended to be a flame war, I'm merely pointing out a significant difference in the Evo's favor. On the other side of the coin I found the iPhone's keyboard and corrective text system to be much better even though the screen is smaller.

5. tcope

tcope Well-Known Member

In addition to the feel it also has the 3Gs and the WiFis.

6. 06g35meister

06g35meister Member

I miss the 4g wireless, it was funny i was in a car with 4-5 iphone guys and turned my phone into a wireless station so they could play games vs each other without the massive lag of 3g. they want my phone.

7. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

My buddy just got his Iphone 4. It is nice but I was surprised at how light it was. The EVO feels like a stage weight in comparison. What I find funny is that he bitches about certain things on his... just like me and the EVO. They are both phones with quirks. I do have to say, he is quite envious of the kickstand. :)

8. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

There was 4G wired?

9. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Shouldn't build quality consist of more than how the phone feels in the hand?

10. pgus13

pgus13 Well-Known Member

C'mon, they have only had 4 chances to perfect it!!

11. dakidobf

dakidobf Well-Known Member

Yeah, and this is HTC's first phone ever.

12. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

I was going to drink the Koolaid(tm) and go for the next iPhone since I was tired of my Sprint Mogul and my contract was coming to an end. After all, it's a very popular phone which what seems to be a lot more accessories and first-edition apps.

But once I compared screen sizes, the love was gone. The iPhone 4 may have the higher resolution but compared to the 320x240 Mogul low-density (with today's standards), the EVO's screen is what sold me.

The other two major issues I was willing to compromise was Flash and having to be an AT&T customer. I don't have to now. :)