• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I love love love my droid....but tempted by incredible

Reasons for why to get the HTC Incredible instead of the Droid for me:

1. 1GHZ Snapdragon processor
2. 576MB ROM
3. HTC's Sense UI w/ HTC widgets + Android widgets
4. Sexiness (I can't say that the Droid is very sexy)
5. 8MP camera
6. HTC's onscreen keyboard (much better than stock Android's)
7. Lighter

Overall, the HTC Incredible is a better phone, even if it doesn't produce the "crisp text" that Motorola Droid does. That is just being extremely, annoyingly picky. Also, it's unfair to immediately assume that it will have 3G connectivity issues considering that HTC most likely will have already fixed the issue after the whole Nexus One fiasco and since now it'll be on Verizon's network and not T-Mobile's. The phone design itself is far different from the Nexus One's also.

I'm still trying to figure out what "crisp text" is.

And on the 3G issues, Tmobile has had that issue with a few phones. Their 3G network is fairly new.

But yeah, I have no hesitation to get the Incredible from day 1. I can count how many times I've slid my droid keyboard out on one hand... I don't need it so I'm gonna shed the excess bulk.

Upvote 0
X

I got my Droid on April 2nd. Couldn't deal with the Blackberry Storm anymore. If lucky, the Incredible may be out within my 30 day window. I really like the Droid, though, and am hesitant to swap for untested waters.

You should be able to get the Incredible later this month. I'd be very shocked with all the evidence that we have if it is released sometime in May. If you need to, you can go back to Blackberry Storm if it's going to be released like May 4th or whatever so you will still have your upgrade... no penalties from what I know. I'm going to switch my 30 day period from Palm Pre Plus back to my old phone, Samsung Omnia 2 if it's going to be released past May 4th.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones