• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I love my Droid..BUT

Mrwirez

Nov 7, 2009
My next Android smart phone has to have a scroll pad or a trackball or some type of scrolling device. I would prefer a small touch pad or even something built into the side of the phone, like the volume rocker switch for scrolling pages with out touching them. My big thick fingers always hit a link or change the zoom size... EVERYTIME I am checking twitter, I must hit ten tweets I don't mean to.
Thoughts?

PS. Maybe my wife would like a slightly abused Droid and I can get the N1... :D

Just scroll with the D-pad on the slide out keyboard then :)

Yeah I do but, I just like the phone in the regular position, especially while using Seesmic. That's why I think a scroll rocker button on the side of the phone would rule. You could keep it in the upright position and move pages up and down without hitting links and zoom. With the D-pad you constantly need the keyboard out, (which I rarely use) and I find the landscape soft keyboard to be the easiest to use. It also makes it a two hands operation.. I don't care for multi-touch (Dolphin Browser) either because it makes the browser a two handed ordeal.. It's not that big of deal, I was just thinking what the Droid is missing compared to the N1 or Blackberries. :)

...I wonder if someone (way smarter than me) could make an app that changed the volume button functionality into a scroll button while in browser mode?.. Now that would be great...

Upvote 0
Yeah I do but, I just like the phone in the regular position, especially while using Seesmic. That's why I think a scroll rocker button on the side of the phone would rule. You could keep it in the upright position and move pages up and down without hitting links and zoom. With the D-pad you constantly need the keyboard out, (which I rarely use) and I find the landscape soft keyboard to be the easiest to use. It also makes it a two hands operation.. I don't care for multi-touch (Dolphin Browser) either because it makes the browser a two handed ordeal.. It's not that big of deal, I was just thinking what the Droid is missing compared to the N1 or Blackberries. :)

...I wonder if someone (way smarter than me) could make an app that changed the volume button functionality into a scroll button while in browser mode?.. Now that would be great...

i guess the world really is about personal preference. cause I hate bb track balls.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones