I love my Droid..BUT

Last Updated:

1. Mrwirez

Mrwirez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My next Android smart phone has to have a scroll pad or a trackball or some type of scrolling device. I would prefer a small touch pad or even something built into the side of the phone, like the volume rocker switch for scrolling pages with out touching them. My big thick fingers always hit a link or change the zoom size... EVERYTIME I am checking twitter, I must hit ten tweets I don't mean to.
    Thoughts?

PS. Maybe my wife would like a slightly abused Droid and I can get the N1... :D

Advertisement
  2. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member

Just scroll with the D-pad on the slide out keyboard then :)

3. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

good thinkin

4. Mrwirez

Mrwirez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I do but, I just like the phone in the regular position, especially while using Seesmic. That's why I think a scroll rocker button on the side of the phone would rule. You could keep it in the upright position and move pages up and down without hitting links and zoom. With the D-pad you constantly need the keyboard out, (which I rarely use) and I find the landscape soft keyboard to be the easiest to use. It also makes it a two hands operation.. I don't care for multi-touch (Dolphin Browser) either because it makes the browser a two handed ordeal.. It's not that big of deal, I was just thinking what the Droid is missing compared to the N1 or Blackberries. :)

...I wonder if someone (way smarter than me) could make an app that changed the volume button functionality into a scroll button while in browser mode?.. Now that would be great...

5. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

i guess the world really is about personal preference. cause I hate bb track balls.

6. rdillz

rdillz Well-Known Member

Dolphin browser uses the volume rocker for scrolling. But I miss the track ball as well to be honest. Not enough to make me jump into that Nexus mess which is becoming a nightmare by the hour.

7. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

You must do what my mom does when she scrolls, puts her finger on for a sec then moves it slowly. Bad way. Instead try flicking with your thumb. It should not click any links if you doshort fast flicks instead of slow drags

8. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member

Me too! After years of swapping trackballs every couple months on my old Pearl and Curve I am delighted to be trackball free! :D

9. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

I was just gonna say that :)