I love my Droid

Last Updated:

1. aggressor2323

aggressor2323 Member This Topic's Starter

I thought I would start a thread that had NO negative things to say about the Droid. I love my Droid and here are some reasons why, which might help those thinking about purchasing the Droid make a decision:
    1. The screen is easily the best screen on a smartphone that is available. It is crisp, vibrant and amazing to show off high quality pictures.

2. With or without the latest update, the Droid is fast and has all the bells and whistles any average smartphone user needs. Also, very easy to root if you want to enjoy different ROMs.

3. Google Voice is amazing, calendar apps are amazing and the easy integration with gmail (obviously) is utterly sensational.

Feel free to offer up your positive feedback on the Droid in hope for many many more possible Droid family members.

Advertisement
  2. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member

I love mine too, had it for a week and still screwing with it trying to figure it out and make it better.

3. SeismicWorm

SeismicWorm Member

+1. I'm afraid to be without my Droid now. It makes me nervous when my wife or daughter is near it that I have to pocket it so they won't ask me about it or want to see it. :)

Greatest device evah!!!

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I have the original Star Wars trilogy on my Droid and the movies look GORGEOUS on that screen! I use it ALL THE TIME for everything. I can search something up by voice faster than I can get the same information on a PC, and it has saved my hide more than once when I was out and needed to know something or get somewhere :D

5. TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy Well-Known Member

I've thoroughly enjoyed my Droid. Last night I had a gig and my girlfriend came along. She wanted to use it to surf the web and I was a little apprehensive about letting her use it, but I relented. Even my bass player who is an iPhone fanboy (in which NO phone comes close to his precious) has said that the Droid is a very good phone. I prefer the openness and ability to customize it to make it my phone and work best for me. I love the widgets, the ability to put battery percentage and weather in the notification bar, Easy Dialer on my main screen for speed dialing, etc. Motorola and Verizon have no say in what I do to my phone, as it should be. We expect the same from our desktop computers so why not our phones?

6. dren

dren Well-Known Member

AMEN! This is how phones should be!

7. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

love it, can't complain at all

8. padragantrbs

padragantrbs New Member

What app do you use for the battery percentage and weather in the notification bar? I've only had my droid for a week so im still learning, but i absolutely love this phone. i came from having a Samsung Omnia. worst phone ive ever had

9. screamster

screamster Well-Known Member

So.. when's the big day? lol.

Love it also. Best... Technical... Marvel... Eva!

10. TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy Well-Known Member

I use "Battery Status - Free". Not sure if there's a paid version, but the free one works for what I need. For weather I use weatherbug. There's an option in the settings to put it in the notification bar.