1. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

HOLY...:eek:

3. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

I picked up 8 of them on Friday and I get 4 more on monday.. Man you should have seen the look on people faces when I went in to grab them. lol

4. sjwaste

sjwaste Member

Yeah, please autograph this one, "Dear Ebay,"

Nice work. Hope you turn a good profit on these :) On launch day, the RS I preordered at was turning people away left and right who hadn't reserved.

5. Cathy9887

Cathy9887 Member

LMAO!! Hilarious. Though I must admit, my favorite part of the pic is the Treo. That's what I have no (yes, I know. Please no rotary phone jokes. LOL!). I'm getting my EVO this week. I'm just addicted to the color-coded calendar of my Treo, and am still rather terrified of giving that up. Hopefully I won't chicken out... that EVO is freakin' cool!!!

6. evojoel

evojoel Well-Known Member

Um, how?

7. sjwaste

sjwaste Member

Coming from a Treo/Centro, there are some things that will annoy you. Especially if you're used to having a keyboard right there. I've always been a big Palm fan, and their handset form factors were always second to none.

The stock text messaging setup on the Evo will drive you a little nuts compared to the Palm OS variant. I can't believe I just said that. The other, for me at least, is the lack of a hardware ring/vibrate switch. I miss that.

I do love the Evo, though. This was the phone I was waiting for before trying Android, and it's by far the best smartphone on the market. My wife, the iPhone user, is a slight bit envious right now.

8. Rob_A

yeah, I love an actual keyboard but I was willing to give it up for the EVO. I'm actually getting used to it and using voice to text alot. It's pretty damn good.

9. Cathy9887

Cathy9887 Member

Yeah... aside from all the technology upgrades, this phone has by FAR surpassed by expectations!! I've got ADD, so having a color-coded 30-day view calendar (1 for me, 1 for my older child, 1 for my younger child, 1 for family... you get the point) is so very important. I tried a Samsung Moment in November & took it back after 2 weeks. Last week, I installed the Pure Grid app on my husband's Android phone & have decided "it'll do". It's certainly NOT my Palm calendar... but it's time for me to pack away my tincans & string and move into the next century. :)

Not to continue hijacking the thread... but what's different about the text messaging? Is it any different from the Samsung Moment? And when you say "stock text messaging", does that imply you've found an app for texting that you prefer? Gimme the scoop... I'd like to really load my EVO up with the "cool kid stuff" when I get it. LOL!!!

10. Rob_A

Apparently there are alot of alternate SMS apps out there. So far the stock texting app is fine (I like it). This is my first android phone so I have nothing to compare it to except palm.

11. Rob_A

bmp

12. NiCK Crush

NiCK Crush Well-Known Member

13. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

14. n0really

n0really Well-Known Member

Wow...one for every weekday and two each for Saturday and Sunday! Plus another in case one of them fails. Ha!

15. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Get a room.

16. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

showoff...

17. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

But are those multiple shadows at multiple angles. :)

18. MisterB

MisterB Well-Known Member

You actually CAN do something very similar if you all use google to sync your calendars. You basically subscribe to their calendars, and then from there you can pick a color for your calendar, and a different one for each of theirs. It then syncs live wirelessly. You just can't color code events. I had palm years ago, and missed this feature when I ditched palm, but honestly it isn't that big a deal, and sort of makes for an extra step each time you make an entry.

19. R1_Rydah

R1_Rydah Well-Known Member

a EVO orgie!

20. shadrap

shadrap Well-Known Member

With qik you could get it from every angle. Lol.

21. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

I'm not fooled I've seen that trick done before its mirrors I tell ya mirrors thats what it is...

22. ayman86

ayman86 Well-Known Member

lol. its a common photoshop trick using layers/masking (whatever you wanna call it. lol). i do it all the time with people/myself. its pretty fun

then again its possible he has that many. lol