• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I love my local sprint.

Instead of a particular date of manufacture, I assume that HTC merely establishes version numbers for internal quality control. In fact, if there are different manufacturing plants, I would imagine that each is issued different version numbers. Any differences within the phone hardware comes as a result of normal production changes and quality improvement as the phone production matures.

When a new version is released, the phone doesn't magically change at that point. If production changes are made, they would be implemented as phone parts are replenished. It would be silly to expect that a version number has any particular importance other than to easily pinpoint when (and perhaps where) the phone was produced.

I would think that the reason someone would want a higher version number is to increase the odds of owning a phone that was assembled with a bit more practice. From what I have seen, there has been NO difference between the parts of the various versions other than normal production variances. (For instance, a different hue to the back cover.)

Not to burst your bubble but you're wrong. The hardware changes have been big. Different position of the on/off button, screen isn't lifting from the phone, no light leakage, back case fits better, different material for the back cover.

It does matter and there are differences. If you're talking quality control those are all done through other codes and the barcodes.

If you're a launch customer you know that going in that there will be changes.

Upvote 0
Not to burst your bubble but you're wrong. The hardware changes have been big. Different position of the on/off button, screen isn't lifting from the phone, no light leakage, back case fits better, different material for the back cover.

It does matter and there are differences. If you're talking quality control those are all done through other codes and the barcodes.

If you're a launch customer you know that going in that there will be changes.

Maybe those are the changes to your phone, but my two phones have none of those issues. So how do you explain that? Sorry to burst your silly theory, but since my phone is a 002, and it has none of those issues, exactly where am I wrong?

You appear to be hoping for "big changes" when the simple fact is that most phones have not needed these changes to begin with. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones