I love my warpGeneral

1. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Well-Known Member

I see so many people complaining about this phone (usualy unrooted) and that zte wont help but a lot of you fail to realize that those issues are easily solved with rooting and i feel like someone needs to let you know so your not wasting money on a new phone. We have overclocking, various kernal and rom choices, multiple ports from other phones for things like usb tether settings notification toggles and swipe go clear and i never have any freezes or reboots anymore thanks to the awsome group of devs we have i know a lot of you worry about bricking or loss of waranty but wouldnt you like a good and reliable phone and now with the release of the "warp2" we will most likley get a fully functioning ics kernal and rom its only a mater of time. I just wanted to bring this to the attention of unhappy users to give them something to think about before buying a more expensive phone that might not even work as well.

Advertisement
  2. cnymoeman

cnymoeman Well-Known Member

I just want a phone that works properly. I shouldn't have to do something like root my phone and spend the time to find something that works. If I pay 200$ for something it shouldn't work some of the time. I understand why people root and I appreciate everything that the devs and other people have done. I am taking my time now and doing more research on my next phone purchase, it will either be the sequent or the S2 (if the price drops). I am not flaming you or anyone else just thought I would throw my .2
  3. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Well-Known Member

Thats cool im just wondering why people woukd chose to spend more money instead of fixing what they already paid for but i know what you mean about the fact you shouldnt have to.
  4. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

My phone works great also. This thread was an awesome idea!
  5. MartyMar

MartyMar Well-Known Member

I love my phone now that I've installed a rom on it that team glitch worked hard on, I'm still getting either the GS2 or the Note 2 if I switch to T-Mobile.
  6. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

Another good phone here :D
    Running CTMod (ATM) no problems (don't use this phone much for anything but a phone)
  7. Manodedios

Manodedios Well-Known Member

Another great phone here. The difference with me was that i knew what i was getting into. Unlike a lot of people i paid less the 90$ for it and i had read the forums before hand. The second day i bought it, my warp was rooted, by the end of the week it had wcs on it, third week i had changed prl and by week 4 i was oced. Did i ever ha e the problems some other people had? Nope but again im a hands on person i like used cars that might need a little tlc. At this point id put my phone head to head with any $200 phone incl the "sequent". My phone is as rock solid as any new phone plus i can tinker with it, customize it and when im bored....... i just dont change a background picture.... i can change an entire rom look feel and handling... almost like having a new phone.
  8. OlsonConnor

OlsonConnor Well-Known Member

I love my warp still today, but the repair price, is too much for a phone that costs the same as the repair price, but with the great team of developers making the warp worth much more than it really is, thank you, one of the best phones I've ever had!
  9. jarin12ga

jarin12ga Well-Known Member

Mine isn't even rooted and I love it!!!I have a blast surfing the web in my deer stand while hunting.This phone sizzles with just 3G network.I have no need to go any faster.Great phone all around!!!
  10. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

I lucked up and bought a good Warp too. Phone is snappy, 3G is quick, no issues (stock).
  11. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

I love my phone (rooted) its fast smooth and has all the options i need... i made a back to stock rom on the public mobile side and tested it so i got a flash back of how shitty the phone is with the original kernel and bloatware but once you mod it a bit its night and day! thanks guys!:)
  12. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Member

Maybe the problems encountered are with the Boost Mobile ROM because so far, I've had absolutely no problems with the Public Mobile ROM. I'm only going install Warp Cream Sandwich because after seeing the improvements from rooting my ZTE N762, I can only imagine what the N860 (warp) will be like after roothing. I also want Warp Cream Sandwich and Jetx2x is graciously working on a Public Mobile version of it. As far as using the stock ROM goes, I couldn't be happier with my Warp.
  13. Kroegs

Kroegs Well-Known Member

I had days off from work past couple days. Got around to putting the glitch kernel in here, running tweaknation rom with a few of my own modifications. I find it hard to put this phone down.

I'm sitting in front of supercomputer with tri gpus I've spent thousands on, a quad core tablet next to me with a nice 42in television there as well, and what am I doing? Sitting here tooling around on my zte warp!

I just can't get over how far this community has come in making this phone an incredible value and such a silky smooth running phone. I love my warp... :)
    LilBit likes this.
  14. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Great Community of people!!!!:D
    Kroegs likes this.
  15. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Member

Well I have a little philosophy that I like to live by.. here's how it goes:

The ten commandments to battle rampant consumerism:

1.) Thou shalt not pay more for thy car than thou didst for thy house.
    2.) Thou shalt not pay more for thy desktop than thou didst for thy car.
    3.) Thou shalt not pay more for thy laptop than thou didst for thy desktop.
    4.) Thou shalt not pay more for thy phone than thou didst for thy laptop.
    5.) Thou shalt never pay squat for anything with an Apple symbol on it.
    6.) Thou shalt avoid expensive locked-in mobile contracts with non-unlimited plans.
    7.) Thou shalt never allow the crowd to program thy mind with false crap like "iPhones are cool!".
    8.) Thou shalt counter the effects of brand marketing by checking hardware specs and active ingredients.
    9.) Thou shalt support open-source in all its forms and shun proprietary designs.
    10.) Thou shalt not pay for more than thou needst when all that thou needst is a ZTE Warp.

So sayeth Avro Arrow. ;)
  16. LilBit

5 7 9 my fav's
  17. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Member

Sounds like you're allergic to "Apples", just like me! :D
    LilBit likes this.
  18. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

You and I have the same philosophy bud... Love it!! :p

FYI... I'm also a big fan of the infamous Canadian aircraft that was dismantle because of the us governments fear of being bested at aircraft engineering...
  19. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

True, support your local thieves! By stolen! Lol
  20. MartyMar

MartyMar Well-Known Member

I'm getting bored of my Warp, I'm looking into getting the GS3 or the Note 2.
  21. oscar112709

oscar112709 Well-Known Member

Man is there any way to turn one phone with out paying?
  22. deathtrap8675

deathtrap8675 Well-Known Member

Just seen my uncle and his stock warp, and have to say I love my big old clunker. Shes scratched dented and smells a little like a dumpster, but even loaded down with apps fancy launchers and what-not she still runs circles around his nice, new, unmodded warp. So to all you devs out there I'd like to say THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!
  23. deathtrap8675

deathtrap8675 Well-Known Member

Ps and you themers and modders thank you too.

And last but certainly not least: to all the testers who put their phones and nerves on the line helping out the devs. These roms would not be the same without you.
    LilBit likes this.
  24. LilBit

The Themers ROCK!!!!
  25. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I have to say, I have had alot of cell phones over the years and this is by far the best, of course its rooted to make it that way but I have never been happier, I run Mr Bobo's noob rom and this thing is extremely fast, I have so many freinds with iphones and they cant belive how fast and smooth this runs and some have set them side by side and they cant belive it lol, maybe down the road I will by a new phone but I see no need when this one runs so very well............
    LilBit likes this.