• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I love Swype, but....

It won't type bad words. Sh*t, fu*k type words. Nope wont do it. I love the app though. I can type fast as hell.

Your wrong about the cuss words though... It's not programmed by default but if you type each letter and then the space bar after the word it will add the word to the swype dictionary. I Just typed your two mentioned words and added them to my swype words... So it does work!

Upvote 0
Reactions: swazey
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i love swype too, but there arent any navigation keys. it wasnt a problem when i had my hero because i used the trackball, but every now and then i find myself wishing i had some arrow buttons as opposed to only being able to touch to move the cursor.

On the Swype keyboard, drag from the bottom leftmost key (the one with the circled-i on it) to the sym key. You will be pleasantly surprised. You might find the tutorial handy, there are lots of bells and whistles in Swype that aren't immediately obvious.

jd

Reactions: leegseegs
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones