I love Verizon

Last Updated:

1. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Today I went into the Verizon store because I had a large amount of dust under my screen. I went in, signed in, and waited my turn. Eventually I got called to the service desk. I told the guy that I have a lot of dust in my screen and under sun light it's wicked annoying. The guy said ok, didn't even want to look at it, he said "dust is dust." So now I am having a brand new DROID sent to me house within the next couple of days! Verizon knows how to treat their customers.

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Yeah, I had a similar situation when I had a loose headphone jack. I even brought in my headphones for the guy to experience it. He just ordered me a replacement.

What I want to point out is that if it's been 30 days since you got your phone, you're actually receiving a re-certified phone, not a brand new one.

3. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

I really need to do that. It first started with just a spec or two, now its all over the top right corner of my screen. It pisses be off every time I see it...

4. Doubledee90

I asked him and he said it was new. He said that Verizon doesn't give out refurbished until the phone has been out for at least 2 years. Maybe I am not clear on what re-certified means, but I specifically asked because I was curious and he assured me that it was new.

Thats how it was with me too

5. anjoga

anjoga Well-Known Member

That isn't what I like to here. I've got two specks of dust under my screen in two weeks I've owned it so far. I've been doing my best to not go OCD about it, as I bought my phone from Amazonwireless.com and returning it isn't as easy as walking into a Verizon store. I don't know if I should try to return it within my 30 days with amazonwireless, or if I am just being OCD about 2 little specks of dust. If it gets worse but not until after the 30 days, would dealing with Motorola directly be my best option?

6. Doubledee90

Probably, I live chatted with someone there, they said they will fix the issue by you sending your DROID to them with about a 5-7 roll around period.

7. Kbluna

Kbluna Active Member

After 30 days it is always a refurbished phone. Computer will not even allow them to process it after 30 days for a new one. Unless the manager comes over and discounts the phone full retail, and that will never happen unless you have a legit issue with a lot of complaining.

8. mully

mully Well-Known Member

What he said.....it will be a refurb.

9. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Did you have insurance? Did you have to pay the deductible?

10. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

It will be a 'certified like-new replacement' aka Refurb. Got my 1st refurb today, and already sent it back. Get my 2nd one on Monday.

11. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member

if u have insurance and pay the deductable (well, they made an exception in my case.. always a way to get around that) -- they overnighted me a brand new one.

but most of the time if theres a problem with the phone then they will just take it and go in the backroom and swap it for me with a brand new one. they did this 2 months after i got my first phone. i guess it depends on what verizon store u go to and if its a certified one or a re-seller or i dont know?

12. kraze0g

kraze0g Well-Known Member

your talking about 2 little specks of dust... look at these pics in this thread! its like an army of dust specks!
    http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/44805-pics-my-dust-under-screen.html

13. anjoga

anjoga Well-Known Member

14. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

When you get your phone, check the back of your phone before you put the battery in and see if there is a white sticker with a R circled on it. It there is it is a refurb otherwise it is new.....

15. Doubledee90

Nope, no insurance, I find it is usually not worth it.

16. Rtoodeetwo

Rtoodeetwo Member

I just recived my second Droid remplament, the first one came in just withe the headset, no battery cover no battery no SD card and it had a plastic protector over the screen stating it was a re-certified phone and it had a little sticker on the back of the droid were the battery goes in. the second one I got Fedexed it came with the headset and the SD card. no battery no battery cover. But I noticed that the screen protector was the same kind as the ones the new droids have with print showing you the camera, power and volume keys. I also noticed that it didn't had the refurb sticker on the back and the build date is 02/10. My last Droid's build date was 40/09 and my original was 45/09. Bottom line is I got a new phone from Verizon.

17. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

That's good that you had a pleasant visit. I personally hate going to Verizon stores. It's always packed and sometimes they have some ignorant people working over there.

18. AirForceE7

AirForceE7 Member

My Phone Wouldn't Stop Saying Droid Never Did Anything To It Never Tried Rooting Or Anything So I Took It To VZW Past My 30 Days I Saw Him Bring Out The New Box And There It Was Like The Sun Shine Bright And Brand New