I loved my Samsung Capitivate until I decided to plug it into my computerSupport

Last Updated:

1. berlywright

berlywright New Member This Topic's Starter

I LOVED my Samsung Captivate Galaxy S until I plugged it into my computer.

I have spent way too much time trying to get Windows Vista 64 bit to even recognize the phone. I downloaded driver from Samsung, but when I unplug phone, it usually doesn't find the phone again.

This is what I have tried.

Settings-applications-usb settings-mass storage

then I changed usb ports

Tried Samsung Kies, but kept having errors. Finally uninstalled because I read it is not compatible in the US.

Maybe I need to unistall and reinstall driver. Does anyone know how to do this correctly? I downloaded it as a zip folder. Then chose setup and installed.

When the phone is finally recognized by the computer Windows Media Player, Itunes Helper, or DoubleTwist all do not see the phone.

I don't like my phone right now.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums.

Sorry you're having trouble with your Captivate.

Let's try the Captivate troubleshooting area for your question, berlywright; it'll likely get you more informed responses from users of that device.

3. sero

sero Well-Known Member

once its plugged into your computer and you have it in mass storage mode, make sure you "mount" the SD card. I believe there is a shortcut for it in the Notification menu once its all plugged up.

this dont get you into kies of course but you can at least move files back and forth

Segfault likes this.