I may be in over my head here...

Last Updated:

1. projectpaki

projectpaki Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I finally got my captivate like 2 hours ago. First thing I did was root it, worked amazingly. Next I decided to flash a ROM.

Was looking to flash [ROM-FROYO]Di11i's Darkyy's Raw Steel *v2.0*-CAPTIVATEDw/SetiroNs Kernel - xda-developers but there were a few things I wasnt getting (about the HSUPA part) so I decided to go by way of Cognition. and lucky me Cognition 2.3 beta 4 just released today.

So I am following instructions, I mount my SD card place the cognition.zip file onto the internal sd, then open up rom manager, click "Install ROM from SD Card" and.... ERROR! "The application ROM Manager... has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again" Force Close. Great. So I go into USB and I am connected. I can even surf through my internal and external sd folders on my pc and everything. I tried like 10x and same result. HELP!! What am i doing wrong???

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

did you ever flash clockwork recovery?

projectpaki likes this.
  3. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

Yeah, it looks like you don't have ClockworkMod Recovery installed.

Open ROM Manager
    Select "Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery"
    Select "Captivate"

Now try to "Install ROM from SD card" again. Your phone will most likely boot into Recovery mode first (indicated by blue text). If you are in Recovery, scroll down to "Reinstall packages" and you will be greeted with ClockworkMod Recovery (indicated by GREEN text)

projectpaki likes this.
  4. projectpaki

I did do that, I'll try it again tho.

5. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

if that doesnt work just boot into recovery, get to the clockwork menu and there is an option to install a .zip from sd card. it does the exact same as the option in rom manager but if you have force close issues with it then its probably easier to just do it all from clockwork

6. projectpaki

thanks guys it worked... i think i might have hit vibrant and not captivate after hitting flash clockword mod... whatever the case its working now.

also, how do i get my galaxy s boot animation back? i dont like the atnt animation but when it says galaxy s is pretty cool.