I might have messed something up.

Last Updated:

1. DMXXX

DMXXX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Already mentioned this in the Hints and Tips thread but didn't get a response.

Anyway I used the ''force apps to sd'' thingy, where you change the install location by connecting your phone to your PC and use commandprompt. You know: Lorin Bute - Home - How to force apps to move to the SD card onFroyo. Everything worked great until recently when the phone became unable to install many apps when microsd was chosen as the install location and some apps still wont install even with the setting set back to default. I can still force already installed apps to move to sd.

One other odd thing is that I tried to install a GPS app and the installation failed (with the default install location). Then I quit almost all running processes using the built in process manager and then the install worked. After a reboot I tried to replicate my actions but no matter what I did I could no longer install the same app.

My phone's inability to install some apps appears to be completely random.

What's worse is that I installed froyo around the same time so maybe it has a part to play in my problem.

Advertisement
  2. UKseagull

UKseagull Well-Known Member

Have you tried a factory reset?

3. DMXXX

Was kind of hopin there would be some sort of simple fix I could do but if a factory reset is my only option I'll do it. I'll wait a few days though as I have all the apps I need at the moment.

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Has the phone lost sight of the SD card? Have you rebooted?

A factory rest should always be the last resort. Some, worryingly do this as 1st fix only to find it didnt cure their problem.

5. DMXXX

There have been no probs with SD card detection and I have performed multiple reboots and a battery pull. Also another thing I have noticed, although it might just be imagination, is that it takes a bit longer for my PC to detect my phone (at least in Disk Drive mode).

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Which suggests an SD card issue.

What card are you using?

7. DMXXX

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough but I can't even install some apps to the phone memory.
    But I've seen a lot of unexpected things cause problems when it comes to technology so I suppose it may be a mem card issue.
    Anyway I'm using the supplied 4GB card and now that I think about it I think I have another 4GB microsd lying around somewhere. I'll swap the cards and see if it fixes my issue.
    Thanks for the response!