I miss my blackberry...

Last Updated:

1. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I miss my blackberry. I had a moment (samsung) for a while and gave it to my wife so I coul;d buy a HTC hero...I really miss my blackberry Tour...How about you?

Advertisement
  2. sidewalkshoes

sidewalkshoes Active Member

At first I missed the lovely email notifications and all my emails in one nice and neat box. But then I got distracted by all the apps and all the speed and totally forgot about my nice neat email box.

3. pkoutoul

pkoutoul Well-Known Member

No way. Never going back to BB.

4. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

I get sentimental for my bb sometimes. I miss the LED notification, flash on the camera, & all the options for notification tones.

But, I have a feeling that if I were to get a new blackberry, the 9780 for example, after a few days of using it I'd be ready to go back to Android. I think there would be a lot of things that I'm used to on Android that I'd miss even more.

5. mapleleaf-mick

mapleleaf-mick Well-Known Member

I had a torch for three days. I had been runing a touch for a number of years. The team at Blackberry didn't do a damn thing to upgrade their operating system nor did they take the opportunity to increase the resolution on their display. They are sitting on their laurels hoping their name and customer group will carry them thru......NOT. Other manufacturers like Samsung etc. have taken up the ball and instituted improvments to their phones. Balackberry has done nothing except issue replacements with no upgrades etc. Poor show Blackberry.

6. MdExTexan

MdExTexan Member

I've had my Samsung Captivate for 10 days now, coming from a Blackberry Bold that I'd had for 2 years. I thought about going to a Torch, but the lack of space for applications that I was running into on the Bold convinced me that I'd be happier with a Droid.

All in all, I'm happy with the switch. I've got all the apps I envied on my husband's IPhone, touch screen which I'm getting used to. Thought I'd miss the physical keyboard, but I don't.

What I miss is the BB music player! My music is on the SD card I had in my BB, and for some reason the Android players won't sort by artist if the music isn't on the built in SD card, only by folder. Weird, but not a deal breaker.

7. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

For the most part, I am happy with the change. I have EVERY app that I had on BB, and then some.

I will admit to tweaking my device in ways that mimic BB behavior.

8. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I went back to a BB. I am a happy camper!:D

9. cdf3

cdf3 Well-Known Member

I miss some of the things that my BlackBerry could do. I'm still not having much luck setting custom sound and vibrate notifications for various contacts. GO SMS is the closest I've found so far, but it doesn't always work the way it should.

I also miss searching a contact by being able to type a few letters of their first name, Space Bar, then a few letters of their last name. Can't do that with Android.

I also miss the unified Message Box. If BlackBerry can get a better browser I'd most definitely go back. Lack of Column View in the OS 6 browser was a deal breaker for me.

10. Tre Lawrence

^^^ try K9 for unified mailbox.

11. 2ndHalfCor

2ndHalfCor Well-Known Member

I'm hopeless, I love my Android for the great apps, big screen, and speed. I love my BlackBerry for everything else, notifications, unified inbox, a hang-up button for heaven's sake, universal search, etc. The BlackBerry is much more useful, the Android is tons more fun.

12. Tre Lawrence

I would respectfully disagree. :)

But, usefulness is the most important criteria for me, and that is why I moved to Android.